Apple Cider vinegar

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
Tell me your stories/opinion. If you're wondering what I mean, then you have no stories.

I used it when I was getting acid reflux every night. Tastes like crap, but seemed to work pretty well!!

Mixed with equal parts raw honey = cures everything!
That’s a bit of an exaggeration, but it is a good night time sleep aid, it does help with reflux, seasonal allergies, and I’ve heard people swear that it’s done wonders for their prostate. I don’t like either separately, but they taste pretty good together. I’ve also heard it’s good for BP.

Edit: Raw vinegar, BTW. It taste worse than regular but you get used to it.

Last edited:
I take it every night, 1 cap full, cup of water, heaping pinch of Celtic salt, and some lime juice. They say it helps with weight loss. I drink lots of water so I use it for electrolytes.

I take a shot of the organic raw apple cider vinegar each day. Keeps your PH up. Same goes for the lemon juice I mix with my tea each day.

Good stuff.* It reads like ACV is to the body like baking soda is to cleaning and deodorizing.

*re: your stories, keep em coming

I take a shot of the organic raw apple cider vinegar each day. Keeps your PH up. Same goes for the lemon juice I mix with my tea each day.

Consuming acid should not keep your pH “up.” If it was possible to alter one’s pH with simple dietary tricks, then the consumption of acetic acid wild decrease your pH. The human body has a wonderful buffer contained in the blood (bicarbonate) that works pretty well with chloride ions to strongly resist changes in pH. That being said, hyperventilating will increase your pH as you blow off CO2, for example. Metabolic/respiratory types of alkalosis/acidosis are not easily influenced by a capful of acetic acid. Your stomach is already acidified, and sometimes insufficient acid production can be supplemented by apple cider vinegar, which provides some anecdotal relief for some sufferers, while it just leaves s bad taste in the mouths of others. Talk to your doctor if you believe you have acid reflux, GERD, ingrown toenails or erectile dysfunction. The internet is more than full of bad health and medical advice. ;)

Talk to your doctor
Ironically it was my "doctor" (actually a good friend and riding buddy) who got me started taking vinegar many years ago. He's an "anti-doctor" doctor who will always recommend a natural remedy over a pharmaceutical if the malady is suited for it.

I don't believe store-bought vinegar does squat for you. The acid gets lost in your stomach and there's just not anything else useful in it. On the other hand, fermented foods with active bacteria may indeed have some benefits. Of course, not a whole lot of controlled research on that either.

I have to admit that "local honey" is probably hokum as well, and I'm a beekeeper.

I have to admit that "local honey" is probably hokum as well, and I'm a beekeeper.

I had bad allergies and was on steroid shots. On top of that I too became a beek and my allergies are way way better. Now which one did it?? Haha I love honey so it doesn't matter.

How many hives do you have? I had 10 but down to 2 now. Hopefully I'll get a nuc or 2 come spring.

Also they say you have to get the ACV with the mother in it.

Locally produced honey is good immunity builders for those that have allergies local to the area. At least that's what my beekeeper and veterinarian friends tell me.

Yeah, but they're full of it. The supposition is that it consists of local pollen and somehow that helps you with your allergies. However, the research pretty much shows that consuming pollen (whether the small amounts in honey or otherwise extracted) doesn't seem to be useful. Wish that it were true. I've got more honey than I know what to do with.

Malt vinegar is great on fish and chips, but that's the extent of my vinegar knowledge. Oh yeah and vinegar is in cole slaw too.

Make sure it's really cider vinegar. Many times it's distilled white vinegar with flavoring and color added.

Locally produced honey is good immunity builders for those that have allergies local to the area. At least that's what my beekeeper and veterinarian friends tell me.

So, a honey producer told you that it's good to eat honey?

I tried ACV, and I've tried a bunch of other stuff too. But after many years of trial and error, I've found the best thing for me is to keep my weight down (stomach is much less susceptible to mild forms of reflux), don't overeat, don't go to bed on a full stomach, and don't drink too much. I don't like to take any meds, though sometimes I have no choice but to pop a Pepcid AC or some Alkaseltzer chewables. I suspect 50 years from now, the powers that be will wonder how in the world over-the-counter proton-pump inhibitors and H2 blockers ever got FDA approval.

Whipped cream, fur mittens, and apple cider vinegar (ran out of cranberry juice) Was in Seattle, a few years back, hotel Andra; ships in the night. Laugh was like little bells tinkling. . .eyes like glaciers in the sun.

They'll figure it out someday - hope I'm gone by then - some kind of biochemical-spiritual-personal prescence magnetism.

Whipped cream, fur mittens, and apple cider vinegar (ran out of cranberry juice) Was in Seattle, a few years back, hotel Andra; ships in the night. Laugh was like little bells tinkling. . .eyes like glaciers in the sun.

They'll figure it out someday - hope I'm gone by then - some kind of biochemical-spiritual-personal prescence magnetism.
Whatever it is ya might wanna back off a bit on the dosage...

I use it to sour things that have a fruit component or give them a more tart taste.

I’ve been told it can help bleach out “age spots“.

Been trying it for a week or so, don’t really see any difference.

Guess I’m just going to have to put up with them.

I was going to mix apple cider vinegar with baking soda to try and see the medicinal benefits work.

I didn't have apple cider vinegar, so I used regular vinegar.

The end result was rather explosive......

I tried ACV, and I've tried a bunch of other stuff too. But after many years of trial and error, I've found the best thing for me is to keep my weight down (stomach is much less susceptible to mild forms of reflux), don't overeat, don't go to bed on a full stomach, and don't drink too much. I don't like to take any meds, though sometimes I have no choice but to pop a Pepcid AC or some Alkaseltzer chewables. I suspect 50 years from now, the powers that be will wonder how in the world over-the-counter proton-pump inhibitors and H2 blockers ever got FDA approval.

Just for info purposes, watch the Pepcid. Someone pointed out to me eons ago that it’s a banned FAA drug. I never knew. Probably didn’t fly ever with much if any of it in my system, but now you know. Leftover knowledge from my stress puppy years.

Back