AOPA Webinar - Gov't Searches of Aircraft

Flocker

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Flocker
Did anyone else attend this webinar tonight? Great presentation! To think we could be detained and arrested by local law enforcement for no reason is disheartening to say the least...

Let the debate begin...

Did anyone else attend this webinar tonight? Great presentation! To think we could be detained and arrested by local law enforcement for no reason is disheartening to say the least...

Let the debate begin...

I am.................... Right now

Yep, I am in it now.

Just ending....

There is no debate america is over. Used to be discussions of america's military might were related to imperialism, then defense from the russians. Now everything we build is aimed at american citizens, that is the marker of the end of a nation.

There is no debate america is over. Used to be discussions of america's military might were related to imperialism, then defense from the russians. Now everything we build is aimed at american citizens, that is the marker of the end of a nation.

Agreed.....:sad::sad::sad:

No way..I missed this but will catch the archive's.

But if this is true. I am done flying, one thing I enjoyed was not being harassed by local Johnny law. I could fly and it was one freedom I felt I had to some extent. Not anymore.

Just yesterday I was in my hangar moving my plane when I looked out and guess what. Local Johnny law was driving towards my hangar. He came up to it and turned around. Drove by my house as he left the private property.

When I got back to the house the wife said...did you see that..I said yes I did, what was that about I wonder.

I told her they can do what they want when they want, not a thing you can do about it.

This just makes me sick.

Please someone tell me the sky is not falling, that we all are not doomed, that this is really over, meaning our freedom to do as we want and live a happy life, has it all ended?

I never thought I would see the day that this would happen, if you would have asked me 45 years ago if we would ever come to this, I would say, NO WAY....boy would I be wrong.

It usually takes a couple days before they post a webinar they did.

Scary stuff indeed....I am old, its the grand kids I am worried about. What have we done....

Scary stuff indeed....I am old, its the grand kids I am worried about. What have we done....

Most of the grand kids voted for the current admin..... I say ... let them simmer in their actions... :yesnod::rolleyes:

Yes, it's not showing up on either the EAA site or FAAsafety. Oh well I tried. Thanks for the link.

Yes, it's not showing up on either the EAA site or FAAsafety. Oh well I tried. Thanks for the link.

No it will be a couple days. Maybe someone whom sat in will feel us in on this. Depressing is what it is.

I just can not believe this, really until I hear different I am going to try and stay calm, cool, collected....lol..Sounds good anyway...lol

Man if you can't laugh you will cry....

If you can't beat them join them...Maybe we all should become police officers. No one to spy on then, we will all be on the same team, even though I thought we where today and that team is called.. team...AMERICA.......

It was on AOPA, and, unfortunately, you needed to be a subscriber to their pilot legal services to attend. I assume that will hold true for watching the recording, but I am unsure.

This, IMO, should be available to all members and not just the legal plan. Sure, if you watch this and want to then sign up for the legal plan, great, but this one should be available to all.

Most of the grand kids voted for the current admin..... I say ... let them simmer in their actions... :yesnod::rolleyes:

Which president signed the "patriot act" again?

I love it when people try to rewrite history to appease their own biases.

Not a fan of the present admin but they're not responsible for our present Gestapo state of mind.

It was on AOPA, and, unfortunately, you needed to be a subscriber to their pilot legal services to attend. I assume that will hold true for watching the recording, but I am unsure.

This, IMO, should be available to all members and not just the legal plan. Sure, if you watch this and want to then sign up for the legal plan, great, but this one should be available to all.

No membership required, to AOPA, or to the legal plan, to watch the recording. I'm an AOPA member, but was not signed in when I clicked the link. I am not a legal plan subscriber. The form to watch is on a non-AOPA website (it's on the site of the Webinar provider, not AOPA, which means it might work for more than 45 minutes :D). The form asks for your name, email, and AOPA number, but I don't have my card handy, so I left the member number field blank, and it loaded just fine.

Not a fan of the present admin but they're not responsible for our present Gestapo state of mind.

I would have to agree........

I listened to this last night.

My take on it..Know your rights.....In force your rights....But be polite....and as they walk all over your rights.....Shut the F### Up....

Make sure all your paper work is in order and up to date and correct.....

My Take on it........

How would it have been different if this admin had been faced with the same situation as that faced by the prior admin?

Think about it for a second. This is not an attack on the American people, but in reality is part of a systematic attack on a subsection of the American people, the middle class. I have not seen the webinar, but will tonight, but all the reports I have seen of these stops seem to have been of piston prop planes(typically older vintage) which for the most part are the preferred airplane those of us who are middle class economically. This country is ran by the super rich for the benefit of the super rich at the expense of the rest of the country. The goal is to eliminate the middle class as we know it and make everyone but the rich dependent on government handouts, thus eliminating the American dream. Rant over.

I don't watch much political TV, but can't remember anybody mentioning airplane ownership and middle class status in the same sentence. Aren't they the ones with foreclosed mortgages that they can't refi?
Think about it for a second. This is not an attack on the American people, but in reality is part of a systematic attack on a subsection of the American people, the middle class. I have not seen the webinar, but will tonight, but all the reports I have seen of these stops seem to have been of piston prop planes(typically older vintage) which for the most part are the preferred airplane those of us who are middle class economically. This country is ran by the super rich for the benefit of the super rich at the expense of the rest of the country. The goal is to eliminate the middle class as we know it and make everyone but the rich dependent on government handouts, thus eliminating the American dream. Rant over.

Maybe my memory is faulty, but I remember seeing some statistic someplace that the vast majority of pilots flying single engine pistons are in the middle class economically.

Agreed on the Bush / Cheney loss of privacy..... But.... Any admin can change a previous massive mistake.... Not only did they embrace Patriot Act,, they increased DHS/ TSA/ NSA and all the other alphabet soup agencies.... And why ? :dunno: ....guv workers vote for people who give them jobs that pay far in excess of the private sector....
There is NO turning back now..:no::nonod::sad:...

It is full speed ahead......... off a frigging cliff for, the USA..:(

You really think this started with the current administration? Or that it wouldn't have taken place if the vote went the other way? OK.

Agreed on the Bush / Cheney loss of privacy..... But.... Any admin can change a previous massive mistake.... Not only did they embrace Patriot Act,, they increased DHS/ TSA/ NSA and all the other alphabet soup agencies.... And why ? :dunno: ....guv workers vote for people who give them jobs that pay far in excess of the private sector....
There is NO turning back now..:no::nonod::sad:...

It is full speed ahead......... off a frigging cliff for, the USA..:(

Moreover, if the same choices were presented to the American people today the vote would go similarly. Americans love their TSA, they love their security and they don't give a rat's ass if a few rich pilots get hassled. Ours is the minority view and a small minority it is, American's want their security from mostly imaginary threats. And in the meantime tens of thousands die every year from easily preventable causes.

Soon we will have the freest Police State money can buy.

How would it have been different if this admin had been faced with the same situation as that faced by the prior admin?
I don't know. I generally distrust the motives of all administrations. Probably a result of growing up in the Pentagon Papers era, when we "thought" the government had been lying and then "learned" it was worse than we imagined.

When 9-11 hit I was president of the local chapter of a national organization. I remember getting up at the first post-9-11 meeting and saying that in times of crisis like this, we have tended to go in one of two directions; either rise to the occasion and show the world the best of America or lower itself and show the world how bad and blind we can be. We'll probably disagree on how that turned out and, to the extent we agree on that only use it to blame the "other side."

I like to think that a different administration would have acted differently than the Bush Administration, but recognize that to be as much a fantasy as most the nonsense that passes for political discussion around the US these days.

Last edited:

Spot on! The 50-150K household (the 50-75% percentile) is being crushed to extintion, while partisan politics entice the proletariat to point the finger at each other instead of UP, while the elite laughs all the way to the bank, which they own and represent mind you. The safety net recepients (which is a misnomer; I don't call being kicked on the back, teeth-first INTO the safety net, a free willing choice to be a welfare recepient..) are the classic scapegoat.....and all is well in Economic-ApartheidLand. :mad2:

Yet when one votes for alternative candidates or decides to not vote, it's considered a dereliction of civic duty, a waste of an effort in a system formatted to see in blue/red only. Whatever, the interests are rigged. Until a *real* Labor Party emerges in this Country as a third alternative, the prosperity of this Nation, cemented on the pillar of a MAJORITY MIDDLE CLASS, will continue to be relegated to 20th century history books. It was a good ride while it lasted.

The smart, educated and aggressive among us will continue to elbow each other for an increasingly receding piece of the pie (the mantra of: "yes, this ship is sinking, but I just have to earn more than my neighbor and MY household will be alright") while the island of contentment will continue to get smaller and smaller. It's a real shame we allowed the fallacy of the proletariat saying to themselves "think like your Master and you can become the master" to strip us from the American Dream.:nonod:

I agree that the pendulum will not swing back the other way anymore. We have reached and exceeded the tipping point. However, knowing what I know about the gen pop apathy, nothing will happen until it's too late.

For a Godwin reference, when many Germans were interviewed after WWII, many of them were appalled and dismayed at what they saw their govt leaders doing, but they felt helpless in the face of increased fascism. There was no individual way to stand up to the force backed by the govt. So many who began with good intentions, and got off the wagon, then some actively fought against the changes to the Republic(Germany was a republic in 1938).

It will happen similarly here. I can't predict the way it will go, but the movement into totalitarianism will continue unabated until there is revolution. I think I'll be dead when it comes, but if not, I'm ready. Just leave it at that.

I'm a bit believer in pendulum theory in may aspects of our society and it's a reason I've done so well in a cyclical business. This is what happened when Carter was elected: folks were tired of the previous folks and elected a virtual unknown instead. Folks don't have perspective. When things like this go too far, they get it and eventually address it. Of course, the opposing party needs to offer a reasonable alternative (duh).

Best,

Dave

The fix is in. Both parties answer to the same master. Romney said he would have signed NDAA if he was president. The only difference is maybe the press would be slightly harder on a R pres. but that no longer matters they are under control the ones that haven't been bought or scared are having car trouble.
Bipartisan tyranny the take it to spin zone guy is in denial.

Back