AOPA Pilot and Ted

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Very nice write up about your very worthy cause Ted!!!

I enjoyed the article and the pictures immensely. Kudos to you for doing something so laudable for the furry ones!!

For those of you who have yet to read the article. It is in the Jan2011 issue on page 89.

Ted, that is fantastic! Nice job and a great article!

Hey, I know someone famous! :cheerswine:

Thanks, all! Jill from AOPA was great to work with, and I give them a lot of thanks for putting a great article together. In the pictures are Laurie and my dogs, all of whom were real troopers for the photo shoot. It was a cold and windy day out, and my dogs hate flying! Go figure. :)

I actually haven't seen the printed article yet, waiting for my copy to come in the mail. If anyone wouldn't mind mailing me theirs when they get done with it, I was hoping to get a few extra copies. This is certainly the biggest press Cloud Nine has gotten to date.

Don't forget! There's still time time to get your Christmas donations in to help give some less fortunate animals the best Christmas present of all - a loving home instead of the gas chamber or lethal injection. Besides, the Janitrol decided to stop working on the 310 last night, and the Aztec needs a new de-ice boot on the right side stabilator.

Thank you Ted for all you do for the "furry children". Out of my five dogs four of them are rescues, there is just something about their eyes that speaks volumes. Again Thank you and I hope you have a great holiday season.

Awesome Ted!! You're a hero to our fuzzy friends and it's great that all of AOPA now know. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, all! Jill from AOPA was great to work with, and I give them a lot of thanks for putting a great article together.

When AOPA put this together, did they know you were a member of the insurgency group known as PoA?

...and we knew him back when...

Good on ya', Ted!

Great Ted!

How much did you tip Jill to get this line in there: "At startup, the Lycoming engines rumble smoothly to life" :)

WTG, Ted!

I particularly like this picture - Awesome!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1101p_GASA_bottom.jpg
    1101p_GASA_bottom.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 164
Nice Job. Congrats on a great story.

Happy to mail you my copy when I'm done with it if you PM me your address.

Ted, that's just great. I am very impressed by how you have grown this endeavor. You deserve all the accolades.

All seriousness aside, maybe you could ask FedEx to donate a used Caravan???!!!!:D

Great Ted!

How much did you tip Jill to get this line in there: "At startup, the Lycoming engines rumble smoothly to life" :)

Zero tips involved. All I contributed to the article was talking her ear off for a few hours and taking her flying. Everything else was what she got out of the experience. :)

All seriousness aside, maybe you could ask FedEx to donate a used Caravan???!!!!:D

I would rather get a used Beech 99 from Wiggins Airways, but they seem to like them too much!

Ted: That DumodLiner looks mighty good- carry lotsa pups!

You want an intro?

Attachments

• 0486880.jpg
    0486880.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 0486879.jpg
    0486879.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 21
Ted: That DumodLiner looks mighty good- carry lotsa pups!

You want an intro?

If you think they'd be interested in a tax write-off in exchange, sure! We're definitely not looking to buy anything right now, especially given the fact that the 310's engines are 100 hours past TBO and the Aztec's right engine is 150 hours shy of it. We're always interested in donations, though.

Wow! VERY cool, Ted! Congrats on the well-deserved publicity!

Ted.... PM me with the address to send my copy too, I already have it in an envelope and ready to mail... Great article and a outstanding thing you guys are doing.

Ben.

Last edited:
Ted - ask AOPA for additional copies of the article for PR purposes. They should be able to send you a bunch.

Laurie and I actually got to see the printed article for the first time today while we were waiting around at the seaplane base for my Christmas present (a 1.5 hour lesson in a J-3 Cub on floats!). The article looks even better in print - I have to thank AOPA again for doing such a great job! What was even funnier was when the instructor came in as we were leafing through the magazine he said "You guys look familiar," and we laughed and opened to the article. He'd read through it already, and apparently we look the same in person as in pictures.

But here's the kicker for us. On the very next page after the article on Cloud Nine ends is an article on Sky Manor airport (N40 - Pittstown, NJ). That just so happens to be the airport that the 310 came from. Look at the picture of the approach end of Runway 25 very closely, and among the 6 aircraft parked you'll see a Cessna 310. Yep, that's Cloud Nine's 310. And I'm about 99% sure that picture was taken the day that I took delivery of it, because I parked it in that exact spot and remember the lineup of planes in front of it.

What a small world aviation is! A great coincidence.

I didn't even key in on this thread until my isse of AOPA Pilot arrived yesterday, and there you were, bigger than life. Good write up Ted!

Zero tips involved. All I contributed to the article was talking her ear off for a few hours and taking her flying. Everything else was what she got out of the experience. :)

I would rather get a used Beech 99 from Wiggins Airways, but they seem to like them too much!

After Wiggins Airways had been sold to the employees and the company moved from Norwood, MA to Manchester, NH, Beth Wiggins was a customer at my camera store. When I leave #25 at KIWI I fly right over her house on the New Meadows river. Interesting story about how Wiggins Airways came into being.

HR

Thinking that the online Link, were I to redistribute it to my pet-loving friends, would require AOPA membership, I did a cut/paste of the online story and sent it, widely.
It worked.

Great job, Ted; but I'm keeping my magazine which just arrived on Dec. 30 so that Jill can autograph it when she and guest(s) take me up on the "Guest room is open" offer during her eventual flight to Wiscasset KIWI(12sm miles from my house). She's informed me that Maine will have to lose a bit of snow before the Cherokee points in this direction.

HR

Back