AOPA Fly-In: Missoula

idahoflier

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
idahoflier
It's a week out, who's going? I'm hoping to fly up Thursday and camp out Thur/Fri. Have the fingers crossed for blue skies, this Spring has been cursed wx wise on weekends...

Camping in Montana in June...brave soul. Did I mention that one year we had rain, sleet, and snow on July 4th?

I will be there Thursday afternoon and leave sometime Saturday afternoon or early evening. I will be camping as well. And yes it’s Montana -never know what the weather is going to do.

I was considering it, but my wife just had shoulder surgery, so I'm not going anywhere for a while. Have fun!

Camping in Montana in June...brave soul. Did I mention that one year we had rain, sleet, and snow on July 4th?

Not too brave, because unless it's going to be a nice weekend I'll be reading about how it went in the next issue of AOPA Pilot...

I'm hoping to be there, camping out Friday night.

Any local pilots have an idea of what one should expect along I-93 if winds aloft are 17-20 knots at 12,000. Turbulence for sure, but that sped of winds aloft is manageable in the sierras.

Anyone arrived yet? I'm in Idaho Falls, heading over in a couple of hours!

It was a nicer day than expected in Missoula today, with a decent crowd at the AOPA Fly In. Got to enjoy a Mike Fizer photography seminar before the show started, and the evening STOL competition was way cool.

Tomorrow’s weather is supposed to be pretty bad rain, wind, etc. Some folks left tonight, many are planning to leave Sunday.

The definite highlight was meeting Katamarino, who is one very interesting and nice guy. Hint: he’s flown more places GA than most people ever go via any method. Here we are in front of a Travel Air, which seemed fitting. I’m in the red shirt.

Anyone else here?

5326A190-9844-4581-88CD-778A37D05C61.jpeg

wow! Things got even better today when I met Motoadve! Here is a photo of Katamarino, me, and Motoadve. Great discussion! Serious PPonk 182 madness, and these guys have flown to more countries than I have states.
Aviation is a great community and POA is a great part of it.

2D910F38-647B-4063-A15D-3F3FB88232BE.jpeg

Back