AOPA Expo Recap

Iceman

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Chris
Sorry for the late posting on the AOPA Expo but I’ve been really busy with work lately. We had a great time down in Tampa earlier this month. It was larger than I expected but the venders etc. still had the time to really explain their products without people interrupting with crazy questions. It was fun going out on the flight line and seeing all the new machinery. We were able to get a demo flight on a sport cub and shot off a few pictures.

Sorry for the quality of pics, I was in a hurry…

If anyone else attended the expo feel free to add your experience/pics of it.

<edit>

I’ll explain some of the photo’s…

1. convention area
2. outside the convention center
3. best plane on the flight line :yes:
4. shot of the city from the cub
5. looking forward to the wonderful weather waiting for us in michigan

Last edited:
Iceman said:
Sorry for the late posting on the AOPA Expo but I’ve been really busy with work lately. We had a great time down in Tampa earlier this month. It was larger than I expected but the venders etc. still had the time to really explain their products without people interrupting with crazy questions. It was fun going out on the flight line and seeing all the new machinery. We were able to get a demo flight on a sport cub and shot off a few pictures.

Sorry for the quality of pics, I was in a hurry…

If anyone else attended the expo feel free to add your experience/pics of it.

<edit>

I’ll explain some of the photo’s…

1. convention area
2. outside the convention center
3. best plane on the flight line :yes:
4. shot of the city from the cub
5. looking forward to the wonderful weather waiting for us in michigan

Great pictures! I wasn't about to make it down, but I've been browsing through photo's and AOPA's Expo Audio and Video on demand.

Thanks again for the pictures, that Mooney looks pretty darn nice, especially with the 530/430 and Moving Map/MFD unit. :goofy:

Iceman5. looking forward to the wonderful weather waiting for us in michigan[/quote said:
Don't you just love the XM Weather on the MX20?
I had a great time at Expo too and definitely agree about the new Mooneys!

Lance F said:
Don't you just love the XM Weather on the MX20?
I had a great time at Expo too and definitely agree about the new Mooneys!

Yep, that's what the last pic was showing. We have the $30 a month package which has been working well for us but we do miss winds aloft.

Looks like that is a pretty neat convention.
I definitely need to check that out......maybe next year!

Iceman said:
Yep, that's what the last pic was showing. We have the $30 a month package which has been working well for us but we do miss winds aloft.

I've been trying the $50 package and have found the winds aloft to be quite accurate. Have changed altitudes for the better many times based on that data. If you have a heavy flying month coming up, switch over for that month. You might save the $20 in fuel. If not, you can always switch back.

And I guess I hope that more users will bring the price down :fcross:

Back