Anyone watching the Bald Eagle?

Nope.

But I can see bald eagles 1 mile from my house on the Fox River, just by Rawson Bridge rd. Randy did you ever think there would be nesting eagles on the Fox by Cary?

Can't say it ever crossed my mind. This particular Eagle is nesting on her eaglets. They hatched a day or two ago.

Can't say it ever crossed my mind. This particular Eagle is nesting on her eaglets. They hatched a day or two ago.
When we moved here there were eagles on the MS and they have been moving slowly eastward, so I had been waiting for them for a few years. Even with all the growth the wildlife here where you grew up is becoming more wild and diverse. I think that is cool!

BTW we had a confirmed cougar sighting in Bull Valley a few years ago. And I mean the four footed cougars, not the ones that hang out at the 1776 and Porter's bars. ;)

But I will have to watch the eagle cam link you posted, that is cool too!!

Nope; no eagles, but I nailed an osprey when I was taking my boat down the Sasanoa River. It's in the middle of some of my canvas pieces. I left Daymarker #2 about 100' to port and she was still raising a helluva vocal ruckus. The babies must have been hungry.

HR

Attachments

• PoA Canvas Prints.jpg
    PoA Canvas Prints.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 20
Nope; no eagles, but I nailed an osprey when I was taking my boat down the Sasanoa River. It's in the middle of some of my canvas pieces. I left Daymarker #2 about 100' to port and she was still raising a helluva vocal ruckus. The babies must have been hungry.

HR

Wow that's almost unheard of. I've never 'hit' one. Had an osprey dive bomb us when my brother and I tied up to the channel marker in an inflatable to fish. He jokingly cast at the bird and somehow hit it. Fortunately did not 'catch' or harm the osprey but ****ed it off even more, and we eventually left.

Nope.

But I can see bald eagles 1 mile from my house on the Fox River, just by Rawson Bridge rd. Randy did you ever think there would be nesting eagles on the Fox by Cary?

I've had them fly right by my house. The local crows were not amused.

Had a mature Bald eagle fly over the house and circle the pond. This time of year they are feeding off old and wounded Canada geese, carcases, and fish in open water. I took this picture a few years ago. It let me walk right up to the tree.

Eagle1.jpg

This time of year they are easy to spot from the air with snow on the ground and no leaves in the trees. Up on the Platte river there are hundreds of them.

Nope, I did look though. Looks a bit boring. But if you want to watch an eagle sit on a nest now is you chance.

We have enough eagles and other raptors around here I'm concerned about bringing my cat lol. He's an outdoor cat from urban Florida and he's not the brightest cat on the planet, I think it might not take long for him to become a tasty snack. Maybe when it thaws his Siamese coloring will give him some camouflage.

I see the occasional Bald Eagle. I have however seen a Peregrine strike a bird in my backyard. Quite a beautiful sight.

A few months ago I found myself soaring with a Peregrine as well. He didnt stick around for long though. He climbed up next to me then continued to climb a hell of a lot faster than me. Again a beautiful and very memorable sight.

Back