Anyone want to split some multi engine time ?

jaybee

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
jaybee
Looking to do about 20 hours between 7 Sep and 17 Sep.

I'm just a renter looking to split costs.

Plane is in Plant City Florida.

Message me here,
Jeff

Last edited:
So when you say you want to split some multi-engine time, that means you take the left engine and I take the right engine? :crazy:

So your going to rent the aztec?

I hadn't reserved it or anything yet, just talked the guy on the phone. It was available last I talked to him a week ago. He offered to me a little lower than advertised. I see you have Plant City on your info box, is it your plane ? or you know something about it ?

If I can't get someone to partner up I'll probably go with the Airlinetimebuilding.com company so that I can get some hood time in. They have an opening that works with my 14/14 work schedule.

No not my plane. Belongs to the fbo. It is a okay plane. For a block time Martin might give you a even better deal. You shouldn't have any problems with it being available.

Bumping back up.

The plane is an Aztec - http://suncoastairservices.com/services/multi-engine-time-building - the rate I was offered was lower than what is published and I don't think its my right to publish that.

As said, I'm not affiliated with the school in anyway. I'm just a dude running out of money trying to get some Multi Time so that I can work at the Airlines.

Bumping back up.

The plane is an Aztec - http://suncoastairservices.com/services/multi-engine-time-building - the rate I was offered was lower than what is published and I don't think its my right to publish that.

As said, I'm not affiliated with the school in anyway. I'm just a dude running out of money trying to get some Multi Time so that I can work at the Airlines.

Airlines? I thought you were flying helicopters. It'll take awhile working regionals before reaching most single pilot helo job pay. But, if jets are your thing, go for it.

Airlines? I thought you were flying helicopters. It'll take awhile working regionals before reaching most single pilot helo job pay. But, if jets are your thing, go for it.

I was flying piston tours for the last four years, seasonal only and unfortunately minimum pay only - just can't afford to live like that anymore. If the GOM market wouldn't have crashed, that is where I wanted to work. EMS raised their minimums to 2000/500 turbine. I guess I just didn't have the right connections to get on in the Ditch or Alaska, pulled every string I had. So, no not exactly what I was aiming to do.

Out of curiosity, does one person have to be under the hood in order for both pilots to log time?

I was flying piston tours for the last four years, seasonal only and unfortunately minimum pay only - just can't afford to live like that anymore. If the GOM market wouldn't have crashed, that is where I wanted to work. EMS raised their minimums to 2000/500 turbine. I guess I just didn't have the right connections to get on in the Ditch or Alaska, pulled every string I had. So, no not exactly what I was aiming to do.

Yeah gotta get with the right tour operator that stays busy. I agree with GOM also. They crashed last year. Heard a bunch got laid off. If I could put in a good word for ya in EMS I would but the 2000 / 500 is non waiverable.

Well good luck with the airlines. I'm sure they could use good FOs these days.

Out of curiosity, does one person have to be under the hood in order for both pilots to log time?

Yes, unless one is an MEI which I am not. Not ideal but that is how the game is played as the rules were written.

Yeah gotta get with the right tour operator that stays busy. I agree with GOM also. They crashed last year. Heard a bunch got laid off. If I could put in a good word for ya in EMS I would but the 2000 / 500 is non waiverable.

Well good luck with the airlines. I'm sure they could use good FOs these days.

Thanks I appreciate it.

Yea, its a bummer when I remember EMS advertising 1500 and no turbine not so long ago....

I stayed pretty busy at Mt Rushmore averaged 300 some hours a year but no turbine. Traditionally the owner would have transitioned me at 1000 hours but he has so many applications of people that already had turbine, from a business point why would he - so that is another reason I moved down the road.

Thanks I appreciate it.

Yea, its a bummer when I remember EMS advertising 1500 and no turbine not so long ago....

I stayed pretty busy at Mt Rushmore averaged 300 some hours a year but no turbine. Traditionally the owner would have transitioned me at 1000 hours but he has so many applications of people that already had turbine, from a business point why would he - so that is another reason I moved down the road.

Well, long term you'll make more in the airlines anyway. It's probably the better path right now with their pilot shortages. I was thinking we were hurting in the helo community as well but maybe all the GI Bill guys are causing a bottleneck. I don't know.

I actually agree having a minimum of 2000 hrs RW for EMS and heavy NVGs but I don't like the turbine requirement. You could go through our 135 course and in 2 weeks feel comfortable flying one. Probably easier you going turbine than someone like myself going piston.

You might find something on-point here:

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...rpretations/data/interps/2009/Louis Glenn.pdf

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/agc/pol_adjudication/agc200/interpretations/data/in terps/2009/Hilliard.pdf

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...terpretations/data/interps/2009/Van Zanen.pdf

In short:
1) Unless the aircraft requires more than one pilot for the ENTIRE flight then only one pilot can log cross country time and only if he or she is the sole manipulator for the ENTIRE flight.
2) A repositioning flight is acceptable to allow the pilot to setup a subsequent flight as a cross country flight.

Not too knowledgeable with rotorcraft, but have you looked into Airevac Lifeteam? A buddy of mine got on with them at 1500tt, but then again he had plenty of 206 time doing tours.

Not too knowledgeable with rotorcraft, but have you looked into Airevac Lifeteam? A buddy of mine got on with them at 1500tt, but then again he had plenty of 206 time doing tours.

Thanks I appreciate the thought. Yes the lack of turbine time has pretty much stopped my rotorcraft career in its tracks due in large part to the bear market at the time being.

I've already got interviews set up for the airlines, even had someone reach out to me from American - I don't think that's a real possibility of going straight to the majors but they wanted to see my resume and dd214s so we'll see.

So end of the day, I'll go experience something new and I can come back when the market rebounds. Heck who knows I may like the 121 life, at least there is work/rest rules unlike part 91 and 137 flying.

Thanks I appreciate the thought. Yes the lack of turbine time has pretty much stopped my rotorcraft career in its tracks due in large part to the bear market at the time being.

I've already got interviews set up for the airlines, even had someone reach out to me from American - I don't think that's a real possibility of going straight to the majors but they wanted to see my resume and dd214s so we'll see.

So end of the day, I'll go experience something new and I can come back when the market rebounds. Heck who knows I may like the 121 life, at least there is work/rest rules unlike part 91 and 137 flying.
Gotcha, thats a bummer when you've got your heart set on something. I hope everything works out well for you. Good luck on the new adventure!

Bumping back up.

I'm pretty sure that plane is an Apache, not an Aztec. Quite a massive difference...

Right you are, I think I meant to type Apache but... :)

either way since I didn't get any bites I made arrangements to fly the Seneca at the airlinetimebuilding as they had someone I could pair up with.

Back