Anyone using the new search engine?

Yeah Dave I tried it yesterday and couldn't find very much of what I was looking for. HOpe it gets better. I'd love to see some competiton for google.

I did a search of my company's name. Got a bunch of links, but there were pictures of other companies' products and logos next to the links. They've got a LOT of work to do.

I tried it but found the results from searches were more worthless than Yahoo (if that's possible).

From what I've heard, it's just like the year 2000 at that company, with all the fluff that used to come with that.

Important to realize that this is not competition for Google. They're not focused on the search business. Google really is an advertisement company, and they're involved in any business venture that will support ad sales.

-Felix

I wasn't impressed.

Considering its founders came from Google, I'm surprised it's not further along.

The default layout sucks something bad. Don't mess with a good thing. I have a real hard time following that format with my eyes trying to quickly look on the page for what I'm looking for. Varying heights, positions, etc...absolutely worthless.

That's a really bizzare look. Columned and tabled view of results??

I wasn't impressed.

Considering its founders came from Google, I'm surprised it's not further along.
Being from Google they may know what things are Google proprietary and thus cannot use them in their implementation. By knowing too much they end up hindering their own efforts, just a guess though. It could be that they are not that creative :dunno:

Back