Anyone use online only banking?

Well there we go. Not only could I not walk in and to a wire transfer, the first day I could even make an appointment to go in to get it done is the middle of next week. Sheesh.

I think I will politely let them know that they probably don't me to review their service afterwards.

Well there we go. Not only could I not walk in and to a wire transfer, the first day I could even make an appointment to go in to get it done is the middle of next week. Sheesh.

I think I will politely let them know that they probably don't me to review their service afterwards.

Wire transfers have been the hottest trend in bank fraud lately. Luckily, two of my three banks allow me to do wires online.

Yep. Have for many years.
Me too.
I use a local "savings" bank. It is the same bank that I had my mortgage with before I paid it off. They are local with multi able locations around town. Sometimes I will stop at a branch to get spending cash. I have used them for 35 years.
I pay 99% of my bills online through the bank. I tell them how much to send and when, they take care of the rest.
Change my password once a year and have never had a problem. I might write one or two checks a year and try not to use the mail.

OT a little. Our local post office has gotten really bad. They only deliver to our homes 2-3 times a week now.

It sometimes take two weeks or more to receive payment checks at my business that were mailed from local customers that live 10 miles away.

We setup a payment system on our website to minimize how much our customers have to use the mail. Most of our customers now pay us online.

I get angry at Chase bank as an annual occurrence for their ridiculous policies, but I've never been denied a walk-in wire transfer. That I would need to make an appointment to visit my money and transact would probably be a deal-ender for me.

OT a little. Our local post office has gotten really bad. They only deliver to our homes 2-3 times a week now.

I wish that would become the standard. I certainly don't need junk mail deliveries every day at my house. Businesses may be different, but if so then handle them different. Very few people anymore really need daily mail delivery.

Wire transfers have been the hottest trend in bank fraud lately. Luckily, two of my three banks allow me to do wires online.

Well, it's not like I'm transferring funds to the Nigerian Coal Mine trust so I can claim my inheritance. It's an investment account that has very specific ABA and routing numbers and account specifics that I could not make happen on the online version of a wire transfer. I don't want to fork it up so I want my bank to do the paperwork.

Well, it's not like I'm transferring funds to the Nigerian Coal Mine...
My company terminated a lady on my team who was from Nigeria. Apparently Nigerian relatives gave her money for the down payment on her house and it was determined to be money laundering. The nicest lady in the world. She landed okay on her feet but it was a shame.

My company terminated a lady on my team who was from Nigeria. Apparently Nigerian relatives gave her money for the down payment on her house and it was determined to be money laundering. The nicest lady in the world. She landed okay on her feet but it was a shame.

Well, what can I say. There are good Nigerians and bad Nigerians. And the bad Nigerians are probably more likely Russian.

Just to follow up on the original post, I opened a Schwab online checking account a little over a week ago, and so far it's been good. I know, not rocket science these days by any means, but still new to me. No problems with any of it. Contactless debit card, mobile deposits, mobile status. Nothing fancy, no bonus things, but no fees that apply to me. I like it.

Thanks to all for the info!

My daughter has been using USAA bank for a long time. I have "Truist" (having been through several different mergers and name changes). I can't say when the last time I actually set foot in a branch.

Our local post office has gotten really bad. They only deliver to our homes 2-3 times a week now.

Lucky you. The post office doesn't deliver to my house at all.

Then again I live a little over a mile outside the city limit.

Chase you can wire from their phone APP and I do it on regular basis and I don’t pay any fees

Too late for the OP perhaps but if you have cash that's gonna sit for any period of time, shop around on interest rates. I've seen HYS accounts range from 0.05% APY to 3.0% APY.

Don't let someone else make all the interest off of your money.

Back