Anyone use “One Stop Aviation” for Engine Overhaul?

One Stop is famous for "corner cut" overhauls, where a seller will get that "0 SMOH" to sell the airplane.

That's an unfair reputation, though. One Stop is actually capable of making a great engine -- but they will do what you ask, so when you ask them for the cheapest overhaul possible, you get it. I've only ever seen yellow-striped cylinder barrels (.020 over) on a One Stop engine.

Ask for an engine that will last forever and see what they recommend. It will be priced comparably with other field overhaul shops, and it should give good service.

$0.02

I've had One Stop ruin a couple of jugs recently.

They're off my list.
They're the local go-to in my area. They messed up someone's lancair overhaul at my field. They blamed a new guy working at the shop.Didn't leave a good impression in my book.

Go up the coast to Long Beach and Tim's Aircraft Engines.

Looking for feedback regarding One Stop Aviation in Oceanside, Ca for engine overhauls. They are an authorized P.Ponk facility, guessing someone here may have experience with them.

They ruined 4 cylinders for me. 4 yellow tagged cylinders by their IA and they put he exhaust studs totally twisted. Took a month of them not wanting to take responsibility and hanging up the phone on me and they finally came a took them back. They sent it to another shop to weld the studs so they can be redrilled and the second shop upon inspection said they that they were not airworthy. Bored beyond limits, valve guides beyond limits etc etc. 6 months laters of games were m going to have to take them to court and report them to the FAA as I still have no cylinders and no date insight. Stay away from them!!!!

They ruined 4 cylinders for me. 4 yellow tagged cylinders by their IA and they put he exhaust studs totally twisted. Took a month of them not wanting to take responsibility and hanging up the phone on me and they finally came a took them back. They sent it to another shop to weld the studs so they can be redrilled and the second shop upon inspection said they that they were not airworthy. Bored beyond limits, valve guides beyond limits etc etc. 6 months laters of games were m going to have to take them to court and report them to the FAA as I still have no cylinders and no date insight. Stay away from them!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6931.jpeg
    IMG_6931.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6930.jpeg
    IMG_6930.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
For those doing a major overhaul, do consider just getting new jugs. Zero thermal history and you are already in for many $$ anyhow. Four overhauled cylinders might save $1000 (small Continental) to maybe $4500 (Lyc 540). Is it worth it?

For those doing a major overhaul, do consider just getting new jugs. Zero thermal history and you are already in for many $$ anyhow. Four overhauled cylinders might save $1000 (small Continental) to maybe $4500 (Lyc 540). Is it worth it?

Good advice. To close the story... My O-470R was O/H at Pinnace Aircraft Engines with 6 new Superior cylinders. Pinnacle has a full 3 year or TBO warranty, whoever comes first. Tough to beat a backing like that.

I had to stop
I had to stop using them as the cylinders would only last 500 hours at most.

Back