Anyone sitting on a spare Stratus v1?

itsjames2011

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
James
Hey everyone,

I'm a low time VFR pilot and recently I picked up an iPad mini and a ForeFlight Pro subscription. The additional features on the Stratus 2 don't seem as if they are something I would personally need at this stage of my flying career. With that said, I'm wondering if anybody is sitting on a 1st version stratus they're looking to get rid of. I've been watching eBay and for some reason they're never posted and when they are, they're listed at retail :D

James

I have one I've been thinking about selling. It's in great condition with the suction mount which 1) keeps it off the dash so it doesn't overheat and 2) gets you better reception mounted in the side window. I routinely pick up 4-5 towers within 1000' AGL.

I haven't looked so not sure what a good price is for a used one with the suction mount but PM me and let's see if we can work something out.

:)

I'm not too surprised there aren't that many around since they are still being sold new at retail.

Hope you have the same luck as I did - getting a used one from someone who upgraded.

I have one I've been thinking about selling. It's in great condition with the suction mount which 1) keeps it off the dash so it doesn't overheat and 2) gets you better reception mounted in the side window. I routinely pick up 4-5 towers within 1000' AGL.

I haven't looked so not sure what a good price is for a used one with the suction mount but PM me and let's see if we can work something out.

:)
PM Sent

I'm not too surprised there aren't that many around since they are still being sold new at retail.

Hope you have the same luck as I did - getting a used one from someone who upgraded.
Yeah, I'm not sure how the forum admin will take to this post but I figured the best place to look for one is a place full of pilots. :cool:

Yeah, I'm not sure how the forum admin will take to this post but I figured the best place to look for one is a place full of pilots. :cool:

Anything goes here.
I saw the crowed funding request for new boobs here earlier today.

You sir are in the right place.

I've got one, in great condition with a RAM suction cup mount.

Go ahead and send a PM if interested.

Back