Anyone seeing the new ADS-B items?

tawood

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
The FAA states the six new weather products (lightning, icing, turbulence, cloud tops, airmets, and center Wx) have been available since June. Stratus says my 2s, with current firmware, can receive these new items. So, why can’t I see them?
I have an ads-b broadcast tower just a short distance from my house. This morning a thunderstorm came through my area, so I turned on my stratus and logged in...no new products (of course if I connected to my home WiFi instead of the stratus I saw these products just fine). Anyone seeing the new products yet through ads-b?

I've heard mixed reports about whether or not these have actually been activated.

Requires a firmware update on the G products.

I flew from Winnipeg to Pittsburgh today. Both my Aera 550 and Garmin Pilot, connected to a GDL-39, claimed that they were never in range of a single tower along the entire 1,000nm route. 2 weeks ago, the last time I was flying in the US, all was fine. Clearly something has been royally screwed.

The Apero rep at Oshkosh told me that all of their devices, and probably at least most of their competitors, units receive any data that’s transmitted by the FAA. They say it’s up to the vendor we use to receive the data, ForeFlight in my case, to update their software to display the new information.
Gary

Back