Anyone near Anderson, IN?

Lachlan

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Lachlan
I'm looking at an airplane for sale there, and I am hoping that someone here might be able to take a quick look at it for me before I go and order up a pre-buy. If anyone is available or has good info or advice I would be grateful. The airplane is at Anderson Municipal Airport AID. Thanks!

@Stingray Don isn’t too far.

I have a sister who lives about 5 miles away but her knowledge of aviation isn’t much more than that of your typical DC politician.

But I thought politicians are experts on everything, and..... oh, I get it.

So, @Stingray Don you say? Maybe he will see this thread if we keep pinging him. :) Or he’ll put me on ignore.

Yep. @Stingray Don is what I said. I believe he is at UMP which is only 22 NM from AID according to AirNav. You might want to ping him.

Let’s see if the three pings we have so far. Don’t poke a bear, or excessively ping a stingray.

I did my IR dual hours in AID many moons ago. Sleepy little airport for a class D. Got my checkride done in Muncie by the FSDO up there. I'm sure the guy still is working the post. I take it this airplane is probably with the brokerage service that posts in TAP and based on that field. I've heard mixed reviews of those folks but no other intel to offer. Good luck.

I did my IR dual hours in AID many moons ago. Sleepy little airport for a class D. Got my checkride done in Muncie by the FSDO up there. I'm sure the guy still is working the post. I take it this airplane is probably with the brokerage service that posts in TAP and based on that field. I've heard mixed reviews of those folks but no other intel to offer. Good luck.

Correct. Indy Air Sales.

Did someone yank my chain?

Yes, I am very close to Anderson. I would be happy to take a look at the plane. Just let me know the details and any specifics you want me to check out.

Yes, I am very close to Anderson. I would be happy to take a look at the plane. Just let me know the details and any specifics you want me to check out.

Thanks, Don. I'll be in touch as soon as I get more info to pass on to you. I really appreciate it!

get someone at Indy Air to do a prebuy/annual . I have bought 4 aircraft from Pat Robertson over the last 30 years with full disclosure of any problems and have had nothing but good honest dealings with him and his employees .IM me if you want.

Boy, wish I'd seen this yesterday - we were looking for a mission after the Young Eagles were done. We ended up 1/2 way there and would have jumped at the chance. Would be interested to hear the outcome and/or see pics. Good luck!

Now who would yank your chain? The nerve of some folks,huh? :D

I guess I was right about you. Not only are you close but you are the type of guy to lend a hand. :)

Wow- Indy Air must be amazing, because I just found this: "Thanks Pat and Mark! I am loving my Cessna Skylane 182 that you found for me. It is perfect for my grass strip, even better with the tundra tires. Your handling of the exchange for my Bonanza couldn't have been smoother."

I mean, seriously, anyone who can talk someone OUT of a Bo and INTO a HIGHWING must have outstanding customer service skills. Or else that place is run by Obi Wan Kenobe. :D

Someone bought it before I could get anyone local to take a look at it. Yup, I lost out. But it's a 150. There are a few others out there. ;) I'm not in a hurry to buy an airplane, and definitely NOT in a hurry to buy the wrong airplane. When the right one lines up it will be mine.

Someone bought it before I could get anyone local to take a look at it. Yup, I lost out. But it's a 150. There are a few others out there. ;) I'm not in a hurry to buy an airplane, and definitely NOT in a hurry to buy the wrong airplane. When the right one lines up it will be mine.

So all of the cajoling of @Stingray Don was for naught? Sheesh!

I found another one I'm interested in way down in Port Lavaca, TX. I can't figure out why all the good ones are so far away from me. It's like I'm living a Dire Straights song. Too bad it's not Money for Nothin', though. :)

The one in Indy is getting a pre-buy done today. For me. The guy who was going to buy it decided he needed a 172 instead. So, depending on how the inspection goes...

IDK, I think I'd take a hard look at that Cherokee 235 they listed a couple of days ago.

I’m partial to the 182 they have listed. Just can’t get myself to pull the trigger. Don’t really need the load, and the Tiger is hard to beat for mostly weekend flying.

I would love to buy an airplane with more useful load, longer range, faster cruise, low fuel burn rate, as cheap as a 150. ;) If I buy too much airplane then flying & maintaining it will cost more than I can afford.

Back