Anyone know of this magazine?

tdager

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
LittleIronPilot
It seems pretty cool, and something I am familiar with from sailing.

A magazine that talks about places to fly, airports, etc. Not just the latest gee-whiz, quarter million dollar plane I cannot afford.

http://www.pilotgetaways.com/

If anyone has this magazine, please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Cross posted on AOPA.

I'm a charter subscriber. It is the only magazine I keep all the back issues. And it is the only one the wife reads. It was better before they started going east of the Mississippi.
biggrin.gif
John Kounis give a great talk if you ever get a chance to see him.

ejensen said:
Cross posted on AOPA.

I'm a charter subscriber. It is the only magazine I keep all the back issues. And it is the only one the wife reads. It was better before they started going east of the Mississippi.
biggrin.gif
John Kounis give a great talk if you ever get a chance to see him.
That's funny. I threw it in the trash because they never went east of the Mississippi.

It's very upscale. You don't see anybody flying 30 year old planes in there.

I've subscribed for some time and enjoy it. I don't worry about the new upscale planes people fly in the articles, the articles are about the destination, not the plane (although I do enjoy the pictures).

mikea said:
That's funny. I threw it in the trash because they never went east of the Mississippi.

It's very upscale. You don't see anybody flying 30 year old planes in there.

Are we talking the same magazine? There is another that feature upscale resorts and golf courses. I think it is Flying Adventures featuring Pilot Michael.:rolleyes: It doesn't get read.

Flying Getways editor fly an 185. Most airscraft are middle aged GA stuff. And they recently added a bush section that is very not upscale.

Edit: Yep, Flying Adventures. Wouldn't pay for it. http://www.flyingadventures.com/

ejensen said:
Are we talking the same magazine? There is another that feature upscale resorts and golf courses. I think it is Flying Adventures featuring Pilot Michael.:rolleyes: It doesn't get read.

Flying Getways editor fly an 185. Most airscraft are middle aged GA stuff. And they recently added a bush section that is very not upscale.

Edit: Yep, Flying Adventures. Wouldn't pay for it. http://www.flyingadventures.com/
Yeah. You're right. I had those two mags confused.

This Pilot Michael is off to pull out his Titanium AmeEx card to order a Javelin just for tooling around on the weekends.

Last edited:
mikea said:
Yeah. You're right. I had those two mags confused.

This Pilot Michael is off to pull out his Titanium AmeEx card to order a Javelin just for tooling around on the weekends.

I made the exact same mistake the last time this topic came up. I think I labelled the mag a rich guys, golfing and spa guide to the west. I confused it with the same mag you did. Pilotgetaways is a good mag and one the wife likes too.

Anthony said:
I made the exact same mistake the last time this topic came up. I think I labelled the mag a rich guys, golfing and spa guide to the west. I confused it with the same mag you did. Pilotgetaways is a good mag and one the wife likes too.

Whew....well that is good since I ordered it. I have ZERO desire for any kind of golf/flying/rich boy's toy magazine.

Some of the better articles in this magazine have been written by bush/backcountry pilots I've been fortunate to have flown with and they definately know what they're talking about. It's a good source of information for any pilots that like to see out-of-the-way places, as well as the more travelled destinations.

tdager said:
It seems pretty cool, and something I am familiar with from sailing.

A magazine that talks about places to fly, airports, etc. Not just the latest gee-whiz, quarter million dollar plane I cannot afford.

http://www.pilotgetaways.com/

If anyone has this magazine, please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

mikea said:

Mike,

You need a Javelin just to get to your airport so you can fly your Cherokee! :goofy:

Back