Anyone in Chicago want to grab a drink (11/25 - 11/26)?

Had a great time in Chicago.

Landed, got off the plane and right away walked into some sort of anti cop, anti Trump, Anti Black Friday Protest.
It was kind of crazy watching this go down.

Untitled-1.jpg

Had a great time with @masloki. He and his wife took us to Revolution brewing where we sampled quite a few really good brews.
We greatly appreciate the hospitality and the ride. After Ubering all over the place it was nice to get to drive a round and visit with a fellow POAer. Hope to see you at Gaston's 2017!

Thanks again!

15253414_10209995591900622_8940839552809430696_n.jpg

And as God is my witness, I struggled to stand on this stupid piece of glass 1400 ft above the city.
I never realized how afraid of heights I am. This is just bad..

15179223_10211319075799578_3148089512646632388_n.jpg

Ate Deep dish Pizza, Did the Gangster tour, visited the museums (field and the Ferris Bueller one)
Basically did all the tourist stuff. Really good fun crammed into 3 days.

That glass floor would scare the shet outa me too! And I want to check out the one in the Grand Canyon! Ha!

That glass floor would scare the shet outa me too! And I want to check out the one in the Grand Canyon! Ha!
We're going to Grand Canyon in 2 weeks. I can't fathom walking on that one.

We went to the Skywalk. I thought it would be no problem, as I bravely sat in my office chair at 0 AGL. I knew I was going to have issues when I first viewed the canyon from the tour bus.

I went "woooooooooaaaaah", and began making plans for taking over the bus in the event that the driver had chosen this day to go psycho and drive over the edge. I was really nervous to be anywhere near even the edge of the canyon.

When I got to the skywalk, I slowly, slowly, got close... then somebody volunteered to "help" me out onto the glass floor, and I was outta there, like poof smoke and my legs spinning.

I think they'd make a fortune selling t-shirts that read "I wussed out at the Skywalk" or something like that. I would have bought one.

Why don't you take a tour of the tower or TRACON?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're going to Grand Canyon in 2 weeks. I can't fathom walking on that one.

Don't bother with the Grand Canyon indian scam. It's outrageously expensive, starting from the permit to get to the darn thing. And it's off on a side canyon that isn't particularly grand.

You'd be better off spending on a helo tour of the canyon.

Rafting the canyon is cool too. I did that with my 5 brothers and my Father for Dad's 80th birthday. As the commercial says "Priceless"

Back