Anyone going to the AOPA Expo?

Gary Sortor

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
GaryS
A poll to see how popular the AOPA Expo is for Nov. 3-5. Any one plan on going?

Last edited:
Too far for me this time. But I went to the one in Philly a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. I highly recommend going to one. It is cool to get an up close and personal look at the new technology. And some of the show deals on avionics and portable stuff were pretty decent as well. Got my Icom A-23 at that show.

Jim G

I hope to go but will see when the time gets closer. Enjoyed the one at PHL two years ago.

John J

Gary Sortor said:
A poll to see how popular the AOPA Expo on Nov. 3-5. Any one plan on going?
Yes. Will give two talks and attend a meeting. Friday/Saturday.

I went to the Expo at Long Beach Expo Center last year and enjoyed it thoroughly. There were many seminars I wanted to attend, but they conflicted with ones I wanted to attend even more. The static displays of aircraft were well worth the trip out to the LB airport and the exhibit hall had an excellent collection of vendors. The various dinner parties were good too, but I thought a bit pricey. This was probably due to some extent by the included open bars. That's a bit of a rip off for the non drinkers though. The party on the Queen Mary was the best, and I scored Mike Melville's autograph there :yes:. I will try to make the one this year based on my good experience at Long Beach.

Hmmmm...Michigan to Tampa in November. Can you say icing? Can you say not having a K-ice plane?

Would love to go, but made a vow never to fly commercially (at least domestically) after getting my planed. And I just don't count on the weather letting me get down there AND back.

I'm hoping to go. I also liked the one in Phila. two years ago. One day really wasn't enough to take everything in.

Back