Anyone going to Arlington WA Fly-in?

I used to go when I lived in MT. Arlington is nice, a little bit slow paced and IMHO good for a day's worth of entertainment. I recommend heading out and visiting the San Juan Islands while you're in the area.

Agree... Arlington is nice, and friendly, but a small show, a day will do it. Plenty of nice side destinations to hit around here. Besides the San Juans, which are pretty awesome, please stop by Jefferson County airport (0S9) and enjoy the BEST homemade pies you will ever sample. You can spend an entire day at the various collections/museums/tours at KPAE, including Heritage Flight, Museum of Flight Restoration Center (my favorite), Historic Flight Foundation, Future of Flight museum, and the Boeing factory tour. Other area museums include Heritage Flight at KBLI, Museum of Flight at KBFI, Evergreen Air & Space at KMMV (a full day by itself) and the Tillamook Air Museum at KTMK.

Also, the Grumman/Yankee convention/fly-in is the following week at AWO.

I live less than an hour by 172 from AWO and I'll miss it again this year. Out of town that week. Have a great time. Excellent suggestions above for places to visit. Lana's at HQM serves food that will have you recomputing W&B before leaving. :D

Great tips everyone. I think I must point out that I am not a pilot. Yet. Flying commercial to visit some friends.

I am thinking about going, although SWMBO's birthday is the 11th and I'm not sure if she'll want to do a steal-away weekend. Maybe i could talk her into KFHR and stop at Arlington on the way home.

I am thinking about going, although SWMBO's birthday is the 11th and I'm not sure if she'll want to do a steal-away weekend. Maybe i could talk her into KFHR and stop at Arlington on the way home.

Take her to stay a night at Rosario on Orcas, down to Eastsound for some crepes in the morning.... you'll get to go to AWO. :D

Back