Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Anyone superstitious about Friday the 13th? :hairraise:

Superstitious at all? :yesnod: :nonod: :yesnod: :nonod:

Last edited:
Not today, but back on the last Friday the 13th (in April) I "tempted fate" by riding on the Collings Foundation's B-17G from SAF to SDL. Any superstitions in the back of my mind were gone by the time the engines fired up.

I passed my checkride on the previous Friday the 13th :yesnod: (April). I'm glad I didn't realize it was Friday the 13th until a day or two later. I think I might consider it a good luck day from here on out.

Yep, two flights actually... 1st one we did inverted and accelerated spins and the second was a mx test flight :)

You nuts? Aviation is dangerous enough. Why put the added danger out there flying on a known unlucky day? I only fly on Mondays. Mondays with calm wind and no clouds. Of course I check my horoscope for the month as well. If it's not a positive outlook with Saturn being in the same alignment as pluto, forget it, this guy ain't leaving the ground. I won't even bring up the hazards with solar flares.

You nuts? Aviation is dangerous enough. Why put the added danger out there flying on a known unlucky day? I only fly on Mondays. Mondays with calm wind and no clouds. Of course I check my horoscope for the month as well. If it's not a positive outlook with Saturn being in the same alignment as pluto, forget it, this guy ain't leaving the ground. I won't even bring up the hazards with solar flares.

Good thing you had your rabbit's foot! ;)

Ive flown on the last 4 Friday the 13ths. So far my life has just gotten better and better, so I don't believe in it.

That's my lucky number. I'd be flying right now if I was sober, and the other guy didn't have the airplane this weekend.

Absolutely. Off at 9, south over Waldo Lake, a couple circles of Crater Lake, Over to OTH for a couple of approaches, back to the old homestead.

Nope, running an ITB tanker rig pushing crude oil around 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off, working for Satan himself.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but congrats. Not such a bad gig.

As far as flying today, was considering a night flight until I saw a lovely big margarita glass at the restaurant on the table next to us while I was ordering spinach dip as an appetizer... so...

No flying for me!

As far as flying today, was considering a night flight until I saw a lovely big margarita glass at the restaurant on the table next to us while I was ordering spinach dip as an appetizer... so...

No flying for me!

Yes, a martini got in my way.

No flying for me!

Yes, a martini got in my way.

But..but.. It's 8 hours bottle to throttle, those drinks come in a glass.

Ha! Didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th yesterday. Flew back from a trip to the shore.

I did see a black cat though. :)

Had planned to but the weather forecast had other ideas. Of course, as expected the decision to drive ensured adequate flying weather.

About a year ago I was doing T&Gs on 28 L with the wind 260 @10 G 18. I was having great fun practicing my X wind landings. I had been doing it for close to an hour, was on downwind when it dawned on me it was Friday 13. I called that one a full stop.

-John

Flew two loads on a fire. Had no idea what day it was; they're all blending into one, this time of year.

I flew...had to go pick up the plane at the avionics shop. Lost my encoder.

Twice, nothing happened. Even after filling the plane with 100LL.

I flew Friday. Had to permanently reposition my Tripacer from Torrington WY to Lewistown MT. It was a great flight with a 15-20 knot tailwind. It was almost a little boring with no bumps and I flew so high at 7000ft, I only had to deviate around one set of hills. It was a nice 3.5 hour flight. My poor folks got to bring up my truck in a 10 hour drive.

Flew to Gaston's for brunch!

(Yes, I know this thread is ancient!)

Flew to Gaston's for brunch!

(Yes, I know this thread is ancient!)
Ancient! I flew. Took the plane from a marker beacon tune-up at the avionics shop to the A&Ps to install my BAS harnesses, engine heater and 406ELT. I'll get her back on Weds :).

First commercial lesson with lazy 8’s and 8’s on pylons, commercial standards steep turns...on to 10hours complex.

I was supposed to and had the scrub. Tried later for a fuel run and couldn’t transmit on either comm.

Flew a couple Discovery flights, couple lessons. ****ing hot out there, so I went home at noon.

I have flown on Friday the 13th before, but generally I refuse to listen to John Denver or Ozzy before flying

I flew all day and even got the privilege of doing an enroute check with the FAA while they were going to assist the NTSB in a crash investigation.

Flew down for some clamming. Two hours each way and brought home a bucket of fresh razor clams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back