Anybody been to the Oshkosh fly in?

Now that just makes it fun! And really you pay for Booze? You are cute enough you don't need to pay for Booze. lol. :rofl:

Yes, I pay for everything. No I have never let somebody buy me a drink (OK OK I finally did - thanks Troy - but only because I drove 3 hours round trip to meet him did I let him get me one).

Of course, if I'm dating a person, that is different. But just random free booze? Nope, I don't do that.

I started my training in June of last year, and took my instructor Josiah to OSH. We had a great time, got most of the Cross Country and Hood work done on the way there and back. We flew the Sundowner, or the "sinker" as I think I will now be referring to it as going forward. A stop in friendly Portage was fun, but a little close when coming in from the south. (High Voltage Transmission lines on final).

The Ripon arrival isn't bad. My suggestion is to review the NOTAM and follow an aerial view on bing maps to become familiar with the picture out the window. I grew up in the area, so I was naming every little town and lake to my instructor as we went.

We went in on Saturday (The last one) and enjoyed the night air show, a MUST SEE. But, we also experienced the gust front that blew through. In fact, the "sinker" isn't the only thing that flew at OSH, my tent lifted up and flew about 300 yards, securing itself on a wing...

I can't wait to go again this year. I plan to fly, and spend a few days there.

K, whether you can go this year or not, you must go. I suggest looking at other airports like Green bay or Appleton, allegiant air has cheep cheep airfare that might make it affordable.

Best,
Brad

NO!!! don't think that way. If Tracy and I are comming from the east coast you should have no issues with getting out here. Between Tracy, Tim and I, we should be able to hook you up with camping gear. You should be able to stay in one of our tents, I know I have a spare sleeping bag & camping chair not sure about an air matress.

I also met one Father & Daughter who flew in from Cali every year with all the gear! They fly SW so they can each have 2 suitcases no charge and they buy a disposable styfoam cooler, paper plates, pasticware and propane every year but they even bring cooking stuff! So meeting people with camping stuff should be EASY!

Come on!!!! GIRL PILOTS ROCK!

:yeahthat:

It's really easy to do this, Kim, without worrying about checking baggage and getting things to OSH if you're going commercial. My first year there, I flew in commercial (then Kent and Bill came down in the 182 from OSH and picked me up at KMWC and flew me into the show). There are also shuttles and busses daily from Milwaukee into OSH.

Anyway, for my gear, I put it in a large box and shipped it directly to the show! There is a FedEx shipping / receiving station at AirVenture. When I showed up, I went and picked up my gear. When it was time to go home, I dropped it back at the FedEx on field for shipping home. Details are on Airventure's site a few months before the show (see Shipping Services at the bottom of this page). If I had to do it again, I would, but I'd ship a large duffle or backpack inside the box, or just the duffle/backpack itself (locked), as that would be easier to carry around the field to your camping spot than a big awkward box!

Well, I'd have been all over offering to "truck" thing into the show, but, if you've seen us in prior years, you know that we haven't had a square cubic foot of free space! That said, we're considering taking a trailer this year, so, if you have stuff you want carted up, contact us, and maybe we can haul it up from Chicago! E-mail via the site works best, because I'm within 5 of the limit on private messages!

Well, I'd have been all over offering to "truck" thing into the show, but, if you've seen us in prior years, you know that we haven't had a square cubic foot of free space! That said, we're considering taking a trailer this year, so, if you have stuff you want carted up, contact us, and maybe we can haul it up from Chicago! E-mail via the site works best, because I'm within 5 of the limit on private messages!

Wait, you too? It seems like no matter how many I delete, I'm getting close to full.

Thanks all of you for the offers but I really can't go this year.

Back