Anybody attending Sun and Fun this year?

FloridaPilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FloridaStudentPilot
I have been waiting for Sun and Fun since last year when I attended on Sunday, (I couldn't make it that Saturday because I was in Asia).

Anybody flying in this year?

I'll be there but won't be flying. The girlfriend and I usually attend on Saturday. Driving over from Clearwater.

I was on the fence about it, but now I'll make it a point to be there. I'll be the 6'2" 240 guy in the bright orange shirt.

We'll see who I get to see face to face.

Will probably be there on opening day ,haven't missed one in twenty years. Will be driving in this year.

Yaeh i'll probably be flying down from JAX

Leslie and I will be driving in on Saturday. It's about 100 miles from here but we'lll be staying at a Marriott about 30 miles away to save an hour of driving time on Saturday.

Anybody want to designate a meet up time and place? And maybe a common way to ID each other?

Shawn, aren't you going to have a booth there? Or maybe we could meet at the Lightspeed booth! :D

I have been to Oshkosh every year since 2009 but this will be my first time at Sun N Fun. Planning on arriving Thursday after the airshow and leaving Sunday.

I have an open seat in the plane if anyone wants to go those dates from Columbus OH.

On average next two weeks are the most stormy weeks in the south -- and Sun 'N Fun in the middle of it.

My family is coming over from Orlando, we'll be there on Saturday

Will be attending Friday. Only 35 minutes trip so will be driving in.

Hoping to find a "show deal" on a new headset, still sitting on the fence between Bose or Lightspeed....decisions decisions .....?

I'll be flying down in my Mooney. Probably from Thursday through Saturday. Will be camping somewhere. One hears a lot of negative comments about this event from some quarters. But I've been many times and always enjoyed it.

will be there doing pilot recruting for my airline

I was on the fence about it, but now I'll make it a point to be there. I'll be the 6'2" 240 guy in the bright orange shirt.

We'll see who I get to see face to face.

Well,

I don't know what shirt I will wear but look out for the 260 Lbs 6 foot 2 bald guy.. :yes:

I'm open to meeting up with people from here, even a quick hello and bye would be okay. I don't have much experience with airplanes but I love em would love to hear all of your stories.

I don't live too far from Lakeland so I will be driving. I will be there Saturday and Sunday.

Leslie and I will be driving in on Saturday. It's about 100 miles from here but we'lll be staying at a Marriott about 30 miles away to save an hour of driving time on Saturday.

Anybody want to designate a meet up time and place? And maybe a common way to ID each other?

Shawn, aren't you going to have a booth there? Or maybe we could meet at the Lightspeed booth! :D

Driving? Seriously?:lol:

I'd be game for that. I usually try to get there reasonably early on Saturday to beat the traffic, and then stay most of the day.

Looking like doing the show tues and wed to start ,have we got a place to look for other poa' s to meet ,or leave a message? Like to do the show early before the big crowds ,being retired works in this situation.

My boss (Paul Dye) at Kitplanes is going to Sun-n-Fun this year and will probably be wearing his nametag.

Please, for me, go up to him and just gush over how you like my AeroLectrics column in his magazine every month. Tell him I'm worth DOUBLE what he is paying me and that I should do two columns a month. Lay it on heavy and then tell him I said hi. :goofy:

Thanks,

Jim

I'll be there Tues - Friday, then heading down to Ft. Lauderdale for another aviation event. Looking forward to the Wednesday night show.

I'll be there on the 24th with some friends. Then again I'm there every year mostly because it's so convenient. Florida may be hot,sweaty and buggy but hey, at least we've got SNF !

Went to Lakeland this morning and moved the plane over to Winter Haven for the next week
Traffic as been non stop since easy morning, winds got up after lunch with gusts around 22, some light sport drivers elected to divert to Winter Haven rather than try and put down at Lakeland

I'll be there on Saturday.
I hope to meet up.
With Henning.

In a hotel in Kissimmee ,going to the show tues,wed.

Didn't get there today due to mechanical issues and the storms in central FL. Should be landing at Paradise City tomorrow. Hanging out in the Hansen Air Group booth all week.

Anyone on the ground, please report surface conditions for taxiing, parking and camping for us late arrivals.

Thanks! ☔⛅

I drove half way there from Texas today and got a call from my boss when I was half way across Mississippi saying I had to make an emergency business trip to Europe tomorrow, so had to turn around and drive home. Would have been my first time there....have fun guys!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is anyone there already? I can't wait until Saturday!!

Is there any new experimental stuff out there?

Headed down this afternoon. I'll be at the show tomorrow and Saturday and heading back home Sunday.

Back