Any skymaster fans here??

How is the fuel system on the skymaster set up ? One draws left one draws right or is there a 'both' position ?

When everything worked, it was great. Start having engine, pump, tank issues and it becomes a nightmare (in the older models).

Ya know guys....... For some reason I never connected the dots. BUT... The Skymaster would make the perfect test bed for my powerplant...... Buy one with a trashed motor and install the prototype.... Run the siht out of it like I do with my Zenith, only I would have a extra wide margin to get it back on the ground if one of the motors has a " unplanned disassembly":redface::wink2:....

Hmmmm.... Now to start looking for a 337 with a bad motor but a good airframe...:rolleyes:

That sounds awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N801BH
Ya know guys....... For some reason I never connected the dots. BUT... The Skymaster would make the perfect test bed for my powerplant...... Buy one with a trashed motor and install the prototype.... Run the siht out of it like I do with my Zenith, only I would have a extra wide margin to get it back on the ground if one of the motors has a " unplanned disassembly":redface::wink2:....

Hmmmm.... Now to start looking for a 337 with a bad motor but a good airframe...:rolleyes:

That sounds awesome!!!

Yeah..... And if it works out and the plane ends up with TWO V-8's.... Now that will sound AWESOME...........:yes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N801BH

Yeah..... And if it works out and the plane ends up with TWO V-8's.... Now that will sound AWESOME...........:yes:

tim-allen-grunt-o.gif

Here is something I didn't know about the Skymaster series...

They stuck one on floats! (looks like a 336)

http://www.lakeflyers.com/articles/1976-annual_spa_boats_or_floats.pdf

Yes, it is a C-336.

Thread drift...

Piper even put a Cherokee 180 on floats... PA28-180S model.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/Piper_PA-28_on_floats_N7866W.jpg
More than just the thread is drifting. :D

That looks like it would be a lot of fun (not!) approaching a dock with high pilings. :eek:

There was also a Model PA-28S-160 and PA-32S-300.

pa-28s-160_1962.jpg

PA-32S-300.jpg

Last edited:
Back