Any POA'ers in the Area Please Advise

Ed, this is a very doable trip in a 180. 2500 nm. Go though Minot to Edmonton, then Prince George, up the trench and cross at Johnson Creek. You'll not need any oxygen altitudes.

Alaska Caravan? I think that's my trip for next year.
Alaska would be good but kind of still fresh in my memory. I'm thinking some of back country Idaho/Montana. Or maybe go to Death Valley and then back country Utah. Idaho is cooler(temperature wise) though. :D

You need to go to Alaska, it is an awesome flight getting there and too many neat places to see once there. You can't see everything you want to in 3 weeks. Take camping gear, most airports let you camp on site and every laundromat has showers at them.

Barb

Ed, this is a very doable trip in a 180. 2500 nm. Go though Minot to Edmonton, then Prince George, up the trench and cross at Johnson Creek. You'll not need any oxygen altitudes.

I know it's doable in my plane, after all, it was delivered from the factory to Merrill Field in 1969. But it's not compatible with caravaning with a 182 unless Grant and Leslie want to fly at 58% power. :no:

The plan was to pretty much do that route on the way up with the exception of clearing customs in Winnipeg and spending a night in Saskatoon. (friends live there)

I know it's doable in my plane, after all, it was delivered from the factory to Merrill Field in 1969. But it's not compatible with caravaning with a 182 unless Grant and Leslie want to fly at 58% power. :no:
We once planned a trip to Yellowstone where we would be in a 172 and the other plane would be a 310. Now THAT is a mismatch! We just planned on getting an earlier start each day and they'd wait for us when they got to that night's destination! (Of course, we all wound up going in the 310, and Leslie and I both got some loggable multi time :yes:)

Back