Any POA folks going to the Super Bowl?

N747JB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John
Wife and I are flying down Saturday with a big group, just wondering if anyone else will be at the game?? RISE UP

Nope. Not even sure if I'll watch it don't care for the patriots and while I love my atlanta braves don't root for the falcons or hawks.

Didn't know they had bowling lanes down in the Astrodome. Good to know.
Waiting for the perfect 300 score? :D

Enjoy y'all's "hand-egg"! I'll be having fun instead (flying).

Watch out for the TFR!

SB TFRs are fricken' huge.
No kidding. And not particularly easy to understand. My home 'drome is under the TFR, and rather than try to figure out how to comply, I just decided I'll leave the plane in the hangar this weekend. Grrr.

Pretty sure that this years game will be a **** show consisting of about four hours of crummy political and agenda commentary interspersed with about 11 minutes of terrible americanized rugby being played. No thanks but I will enjoy my family time without all the jazz.

Hope the rest of you have a lovely time doing whatever it is you do but try not to drink and drive, going to be many, many drunks driving home that day.

What is foot ball??.. and what is a Super Bowl?.... If it goes 200 mph and at least turns left I'm interested... Otherwise it is a waste of time. It is the best weekend to go out to the sand dunes and ride the quads!...

What is foot ball??...

This is real football and all 500 plus goals from the greatest player that has ever lived and he is not even 30 years old yet! I look forward to watching him for many more years to come!

Enjoy!

This is real football and all 500 plus goals from the greatest player that has ever lived and he is not even 30 years old yet! I look forward to watching him for many more years to come!

Enjoy!

We call that kick ball in 'merica! Used to play it in grade school....

Go away, this thread is for football fans! :raspberry::raspberry::raspberry:

Enjoy!
I'm glad that was a Messi video. Not sure we could've been friends if you put up a Ronaldo video with those same words...

I'm watching it on the big screen. As soon as I figure out how to put it back together...
upload_2017-2-2_19-1-35.png

Leslie and I will be flying to Atlanta (actually, to visit my old Ga. Tech College roommate and his wife. His hangar home only has room for his plane so we will park the Bo in his yard. About a half dozen other college buddies will be joining us to watch the game on his 72inch, 4k screen. Bear in mind, we used to have blow-out Superbowl parties when we were young and poor. Now that we all have disposable income, and add in the fact that our team has NEVER won a superbowl (and only been in one in over 50 years), this promises to be quite a party. I don't plan on flying home until at least Tuesday, or maybe Wednesday. I hope Atlanta wins, but we are going to have a heck of a time regardless.

Last edited:
What is foot ball??.. and what is a Super Bowl?.... If it goes 200 mph and at least turns left I'm interested... Otherwise it is a waste of time. It is the best weekend to go out to the sand dunes and ride the quads!...

I really like auto racing too but football is the best sport played with a ball. Well next to golf.

Oh yeah, Saturdays. I remember as a kid Saturday was cartoon day! BOOM! :D
you just admitted to playing and/or watching golf. That immediately discredits ANY opinion you have about sports. :p

gUgkpTx.jpg

you just admitted to playing and/or watching golf. That immediately discredits ANY opinion you have about sports. :p

Sorry man, but I do neither of what you mentioned. Watch golf? Isn't that almost like watching paint dry? As for playing, I'll meet up with ya at the club house for cold ones after you finish playing though.

Sorry man, but I do neither of what you mentioned. Watch golf? Isn't that almost like watching paint dry? As for playing, I'll meet up with ya at the club house for cold ones after you finish playing though.
Oops that was meant for @SkyDog58

I'm watching it on the big screen. As soon as I figure out how to put it back together...
View attachment 51197
Take a few big swigs off your finest bourbon, then chug a beer and start taping that thing back together! Or just hand it in the wall like a picture frame and be done with it. Wait...don't you have kids! Make one of them hold it up at the correct viewing height.

Leslie and I will be flying to Atlanta (actually, Mallards landing in Locust Grove) to visit my old Ga. Tech College roommate and his wife. His hangar home only has room for his Diamond so we will park the Bonanza in his yard. About a half dozen other college buddies will be joining us to watch the game on his 72inch, 4k screen. Bear in mind, we used to have blow-out Superbowl parties when we were young and poor. Now that we all have disposable income, and add in the fact that our team has NEVER won a superbowl (and only been in one in over 50 years), this promises to be quite a party. I don't plan on flying home until at least Tuesday, or maybe Wednesday. I hope Atlanta wins, but we are going to have a heck of a time regardless.

So, what I'm hearing is an open invitation to a Falcons/GA Tech party at the house behind where the Bonanza will be parked at Mallard's landing.

SWMBO and I will be there. What can we bring? ;-)

I had a charter flight for people going to the game. As a diehard Pats fan living in Atlanta, I tried with no luck to get a ticket. I ended up taking a vacation day so I could watch it at home on the flat screen with a few cold ones instead of hanging out in the FBO with a couple hundred other pilots.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!

So, what I'm hearing is an open invitation to a Falcons/GA Tech party at the house behind where the Bonanza will be parked at Mallard's landing.

SWMBO and I will be there. What can we bring? ;-)
If you happened to be one of my Tech college buddies, and a demonstrated Falcon's fan, then all you need to bring is some good single malt Scotch. But let me know in advance so the bouncer doesn't mistake you for a UGA fan or a New England fan trying to crash.

What is foot ball??.. and what is a Super Bowl?
It is total misnomer.
It is a spor.... hmmm, no wait ... it is a game where they carry an egg-shaped object in their hands. Hence "hand egg".

And believe it or not, "Super Bowl" has nothing to do with bowling either. :D

Do you too wonder why this country has such a poor grasp on English? :(

Back