Any Pilots Open to Interview?

The problems with NOTAMs are 1) that people are allowed to create them automatically, but pilots have to read them manually. Robots should never be allowed to give people work. and 2) People are using NOTAMs as a liability reduction method instead of just fixing broken crap. It has nothing to do with safety.

The solution is simple. Instead of NOTAMS, each airport has to record the list of its broken crap on ATIS, voice, each day. Yes, we know, you mow the grass. If towers don't have working lights, then they share liability with the pilot if there's an accident. People flying drones can learn how to stay out of the way of manned aircraft. Pilots can learn that VORs don't work half the time, nor do many of the radio outlets. And all the rest of the stuff really isn't all that necessary.

For local flights I just bypass the computer if I'm in a hurry. Dial, ask for an abbreviated briefing, ask if there are any TFRs in the area. Sometimes they give me more than I want, but I never hear about problems in Somalia. And I can call while doing something else.

This post didn't seem this way, but I don't like a lot of these type requests because they sound too much like a student saying "do my homework for me" to me.

No disrespect intended, but once I was a student in my younger days. After being in business 50 years I can say that most students are dumb. No life experience with a bunch of teachers who have never had a real job.

So you think that you can compete with Foreflight, now owned by the Boeing Co.

But lets look on the positive side, It is great that you are contemplating doing something besides playing video games.....

this is NOT directed at ksandrew, just more generally to the tough crowd responses....

I could be all wrong about this...
but it seems to me this sort of project has become a "thing" that colleges are doing now, to their students. It must be a fashionable trend now, among the tenured academia types....
It seems to me that the goal really isn't to fully develop a project.... or even to come up with a product idea that's better or even equal competition for existing solutions...
Seems to me the the goal is to have the students do face to face interviews, research ways to find a target audience, learn out to research, practice getting ideas for brainstorming, etc.... or something similar.

I think this way because I've seen this exact sort of question asked on other forums about recreational vehicles (RV's...the non aviation type) almost in exactly the same format more than once. Also, I was interviewed by my niece last year on a non-aviation topic. She's a student at Harvard, and her request was very similar to the first post in this thread. She's a real student so I know it's just not some sort of internet troll thing.....She asked me to participate in a short interview to help her and her team develop a better product than what's currently available. Her topic happened to be centered around the distance on-line learning that was being done due to the covid panic....and they needed a parent's perspective. Based on the questions asked I really don't think that they were on any sort of 'real' path to develop anything.

Back