Any iPad app suggesitions for A/FD and FARs/AIM?

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I know Foreflight (which I have) has the "snippits" of the A/FD for the airport you're looking at. But there are times when I'd like to review the other pages that provide additional detail or explanation.

Any apps for that that are worth note or paying for?

Is it possible to obtain the A/FD as a complete PDF file and then use GoodReader?

There are many apps in the store for reading the FAR/AIM. Which one(s) get the top ratings amogst our members here? What drives your suggestion?

Can't you just download the PDF and use the built in PDF reader? That would be free, I'd think, right?

The legend and supplemental are available as PDFs from FAA.

I have the ASA FAR/AIM app, haven't tried any others.

I use the ASA FAR/AIM app. I find it very easy to navigate and only cost $10 or so. Plus, the entire FAR/AIM is searchable.

I have the FAR/AIM iPad app by codeveloper.
AOPA also has a free airport A/FD app, you just need your AOPA membership number.

You can download PDF files from PDFPlates and use GoodReader, which I hate, iBooks is free and much better.

You may be one of the very few who feel that way.

I do like that I can rename files in GoodReader which iBooks does not. Maybe its just me, but I tend to have problems getting out of a book and back to the main menu in GoodReader.

I tend to have problems getting out of a book and back to the main menu in GoodReader.

Tonight I downloaded a bunch of PDFs off of FAA.gov and had no difficulty navigating Goodreader. To return to the main menu set while reading a document, just tap the middle of the screen to have the menus appear, and then tap the left arrow in the top left corner of the screen.

Last edited:
Back