Any GA friendly places in France?

mandm

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Michael
Anyone familiar with any GA friendly places in France? GA friendly airports with hangars?

I’m sure they are there, but I never found them. In general, France is rather hostile to GA. The cost for the first hour will make you say wow.

Ok, what’s the going price for a pint of 100LL in France? One may have to specialize with ‘hangar flying’ over there.

France is indeed GA friendly, I can specifically recommend Montpellier / Beziers / Perpignan on the Mediterranean Sea. There are a bunch of nice airfields in the central parts too, and quite a few more like Le Touquet in the northwest. People are generally very friendly and relaxed. However, don´t compare it with flying in the US, the cost of flying is at least twice as high and although France is much more liberal than other parts of Europe, it still is not like the GA heaven in the US.

Yeah I feel like defining "GA friendly" on purely financial terms is not gonna go well anywhere else in the world. :D

The French are "GA Enthusiastic" in my experience.

The French aren't very friendly to begin with so them being unfriendly to general aviation isn't really a stretch.

even if you parle it terribly, they will friendly up and switch to english just to stop your assault on their ears. :)

Agreed. My wife's first language is French and often she let's me try for a while and then just switches to English (which, as a medical professional in the US, she probably speaks better than you or me, and might I add, she speaks with no accent, so you'd never know!)

Back