Any flyng Outdoors people here

Would love to do any of these trips. Could someone pick me up in their plane?

Jeff

tonycondon said:
Our mailman is a Vietnam Vet, was special forces, basically hunted people. Told me he doesnt hunt animals for the same reason, theres no challenge in it and they cant shoot back. Said after you've hunted another person, the fun all goes away.

Hes kinda crazy too...
I've heard that line a number of times. . .

I didn't hunt people in SE Asia to eat them but rather to eliminate them. I hunt animals in the U.S. for consumption. When the freezer's full, no need to hunt or fish.

And for what it's worth, I despise trophy hunters.

-JD

Jon,

She it a English Springer Spaniel, her mother is a master hunter and her fathers father was #1 hunting dog in Great Britain a few years back. Have some pictures of her at http://www.ciottifamily.com/pets.htm The one picture to the right she is looking at a rabbit, boy it take everything to keep her from going after it.

She is a long way from being steady.

Bob

Last edited:
CJones said:
Ohhhh... What kind of dogs do you train? My father-in-law has an english setter that is on its last leg. We took it out last year for probably the last time and it was nailing points left-and-right! That got me hooked on pointer dogs! I have a 1.5 year old black lab that is a pretty good go-getter and flusher but I need to stumble across a good pointer now. ha!

-Chris

www.perfectoinkennel.com

We Just give away a female Setter. We rescued her and trained her and found her a great home. Awesome dog. We do this a lot so if you are a good home and can hang on I can find ou a dog. To many people breeding out there.

Jon

Anthony said:
What kind of pointers do you use? I have a German Shorthaired Pointer that's great. I think they're one of the best all around hunting dogs, plus they may good family pets.

We train for other people from all over the US. all breeds. But I have trained many many GSP's for hunting, field trial ,hunt test. I have been training for 22yrs professionaly, and have trained over 3000 client dogs.

www.perfectionkennel.com

Jon

rmciottijr said:
Jon,

She it a English Springer Spaniel, her mother is a master hunter and her fathers father was #1 hunting dog in Great Britain a few years back. Have some pictures of her at http://www.ciottifamily.com/pets.htm The one picture to the right she is looking at a rabbit, boy it take everything to keep her from going after it.

She is a long way from being steady.

Bob

Nice looking dog. the key to getting any animal trained is to not get in a big hurry.

CowboyPilot said:

I didn't hunt people in SE Asia to eat them but rather to eliminate them. I hunt animals in the U.S. for consumption. When the freezer's full, no need to hunt or fish.

-JD

Thanks for writting this!! I go hunting all the time and don't shoot because I just like to be there. We go dry hunting ALL the time, Take a dog and a Blank gun find the birds shot the gun, dog has fun, I have fun.

But when it comes to those Deer and turkeys I will hunt every day and It is usually the last day of the season I will take one for the freezer. I like to take my boys and people who are new to hunting. I like to eat it and I like to be out in the timber.
Nothing like taking nice yearling deer, hang it in the barn pull the tender loins and a backstrap out and throw it on the grill. HMMMMMM Goood.
There is no meat fresher or more healthy than that.

CowboyPilot said:

-JD

Thanks for writting this!! I go hunting all the time and don't shoot because I just like to be there. We go dry hunting ALL the time, Take a dog and a Blank gun find the birds shot the gun, dog has fun, I have fun.

But when it comes to those Deer and turkeys I will hunt every day and It is usually the last day of the season I will take one for the freezer. I like to take my boys and people who are new to hunting. I like to eat it and I like to be out in the timber.
Nothing like taking nice yearling deer, hang it in the barn pull the tender loins and a backstrap out and throw it on the grill. MMMMMM Goood.
There is no meat fresher or more healthy than that.

dogman said:
www.perfectoinkennel.com

We Just give away a female Setter. We rescued her and trained her and found her a great home. Awesome dog. We do this a lot so if you are a good home and can hang on I can find ou a dog. To many people breeding out there.

Jon

That's how we ended up with our black lab. My father-in-law's neighbor is a taxidermist/breeder and had a litter of pups that he couldn't find a home for the black's. He had them priced at ~$300 but said he would give one to us b/c he knew we would take care of it. That was before I even gave my (now) wife a ring. ha! Her dad joked that it must be a sign of things to come. ;) I'll have to talk to the boss about another dog. We live in town right now, so our fenced back yard & kennel is about enough for one lab. I'll get back to you if I get the 'ok' though! :)

Her dad's setter was/is an AWESOME dog. He would be jumping to get through tall stuff and almost lock up in midair on a point -- and hold the point till you told him to flush. Unfortunately his age is REALLY starting to show during the past couple of months. About half deaf and can barely see. Hopefully we can take him out one last time while it's warm and maybe he'll just die of a heart attack in the field.

-Chris

dogman said:
We train for other people from all over the US. all breeds. But I have trained many many GSP's for hunting, field trial ,hunt test. I have been training for 22yrs professionaly, and have trained over 3000 client dogs.

Thanks Jon. Maybe you'll get my next GSP as I don't have the time to train them anymore. That won't be for a few years.

CJones said:
When and where in Iowa? Don't know if I'll be able to hunt on opening weekend this year or not -- this rain is putting us behind schedule for fert spreading which is gonna leave me with a LOOOOONG October. *sigh* Oh well, opening day on public land is pretty much a 'at your own risk' type of deal anyway.

-Chris

Date not set as of yet, but we are going up around Hampton, IA.

Last edited:
Dean said:
Date not set as of yet, but we are going up around Hampton, IA.

Sweet... That's 47 nm N of Ames (where the RV is being hangared right now) -- while doing IR with Tony last week, we would go to Hampton for "cheap" 100LL. That should be some decent hunting in that area.

-Chris

dogman said:
I use our PA32 .

Bring the Six out west and we can re-glue the wings on the "proper" side. Notice the wings on Cubs, Beavers, 206's. Floats, Pods and lumber go on the outside of high wings.

FYI, I love the PA32's and would have bought one if it came up before the 206 I found.

Chris

South Dakota is very hard to get access the first 2-3 weeks of season but after that it is not bad to get places to hunt. I will see what I can round up.

How many think they would try to make a SD bird hunting trip. Say Nov.???

Jon

Chris206 said:
Bring the Six out west and we can re-glue the wings on the "proper" side. Notice the wings on Cubs, Beavers, 206's. Floats, Pods and lumber go on the outside of high wings.

FYI, I love the PA32's and would have bought one if it came up before the 206 I found.

Chris

Yep same here 206/ Pa 32 I would have taken either.
The thing I do not like the Six for is getting older folks in and out of it.

dogman said:
South Dakota is very hard to get access the first 2-3 weeks of season but after that it is not bad to get places to hunt. I will see what I can round up.

How many think they would try to make a SD bird hunting trip. Say Nov.???

Jon

As long as it's not the first week in Nov, I would TRY to make a trip to SD for hunting. I've got family coming from Bama to Iowa the first week of Nov. to do some hunting here. If I can make it up there sometime in Nov, I would probably try to bring either my dad or father-in-law or both.

-Chris

count me in for a trip out to IA/SD

I'll bring Kent along if he wants to join in....

Pete

Back