Answers on training and licencing for an Egyptian.

Vance Breese

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Vance Breese
I received an inquire from an Egyptian citizen who wants to become a gyroplane pilot and be able to fly in the USA, Qatar, United Arab Emirates and Egypt.

I suggested he train in Qatar that has an active gyroplane club and his friends have told him that as an Egyptian he cannot earn a private pilot certificate in Qatar and all his friends advise him to get gyroplane training in the USA.

Do you concur with that advice?

It is my understanding he will need a second class medical with a PPL to fly in those countries and a Sport Pilot, Rotorcraft- Gyroplane won’t work in those countries.

Is this accurate information?

I have been down the TSA path and see no roadblocks there.

I would appreciate some input on this. I am sure I am not blazing new trails here and yet I have found the information a little hard to get.

Thank you,
Vance Breese

This has a whole lot of nope written all over it.

So, is anyone else stuck with a variation of The Bangle’s earworm, “Fly Like An Egyptian”?

Your earworm got it wrong, Mike. That was walk, not fly. But I’m sure you know that. It’s just your earworm that misremembered it. Could be a sign of worm dementia, you know.

Anyway, what first popped into my mind for some reason was the gyroplane that landed on the White House lawn.

You do realize I enjoy very tilted wordplay?

his friends have told him that as an Egyptian he cannot earn a private pilot certificate in Qatar and all his friends advise him to get gyroplane training in the USA.

Don’t know Qatar’s rules. But if they limit training to Qatar citizens, then hardly anybody will get trained. Citizens represent only 15% of the population of their tiny country. If they tried hard, they could probably all fit in a Volkswagen Bug.

Or.... Out of the disco era.... "Walk Robin Walk" by The Silver Convention.

Last edited:
2R5pQZ9SSFyBZWJDB8qpDgDPhZ-PvBsWZ6bfuc4G9ju1h7xlK6vdalMpo5tp8xl-eBPE=w300

Thank you anyway!

I will keep digging around for information.

I suspect it will be fun training a primary student to PPL in a month.

I love a good challenge.

Back