Another Warrantless Aircraft Search ( Iowa)

Pilawt;1173207.....the Federales look askance at people flying around willy-nilly without benefit of official blessing and supervision.[/QUOTE said:
Which is EXACTLY why they are going to force ADS-B down everyones throat..:yes::mad2::mad:

Maybe because jets are almost always on IFR flight plans? Some of the reports we've seen suggest the Federales look askance at people flying around willy-nilly without benefit of official blessing and supervision.

Uh - so? If they are going from the southern part of CA to the midwest, or middle America they could carry a heck of a lot more drugs than a Cirrus/Cessna.

Maybe it's because the owner/operator of a jet will tell them(correctly) to go pound sand, and will have an atty there is a NY minute.

I salivate for the day the feds surround my plane on the ground. No touchy, no looky, no answery. Go away, I am leaving now. Or - arrest me. I double dog dare ya(I need the money).

Some of the reports we've seen suggest the Federales look askance at people flying around willy-nilly without benefit of official blessing and supervision.

Mr. Silverstein, the pilot who was detained here in Iowa City, was on an IFR flight plan from Colorado. His route was simply V8.

The Kings were also on an IFR plan when they landed at Santa Barbara, where they were detained.

So there are two examples of pilots who disclosed their travel intentions freely to the federal government, traveling in the system so that the whole world could track their movements, and they were still suspected and detained.

There were 485 fatalities in GA during 2011.

Glad we're staying below Chicago. ;)

Funny, I haven't seen any clauses in my Insurance policies stating they're null and void if I live in or travel to Chicago.

Some Actuary somewhere should do that. I'd laugh and laugh.

Back