Another want to buy my first airplane thread

Now that is just stupid, you can't use your own aircraft for any thing you want.(legally)
Now I really think we do need a civil war.
or move to a state where we can operated without the nazis.

That is strange. The Port of Friday Harbor that spomsors the airport where you used to be based has such 'uniform commercial standards' and includes flight instruction as one of the activities that require a lease or permit. Seems odd that you would not be familiar with this standard FAA process.

If he has access to a private airport that doesn't put limits on the number of flight schools, it may not be an issue.

Once he provides instruction for hire he is no longer a 'individual user' of the airport but a 'aeronautical service provider'. Many public airports in Virginia have 'uniform commercial requirements' that levy gross receipts taxes, set minimum facility requirements and insurance levels.

Las Vegas is most definitely this way. Was absurd once I started looking into trying to instruct on the side at North Las Vegas.

I'm not a CFI, But I do that those rules are not followed.
Is it any wonder why our profession is dying.

Las Vegas is most definitely this way. Was absurd once I started looking into trying to instruct on the side at North Las Vegas.

Well, it is FAA sanctioned absurdity. The zeal airports put into this is certainly variable and many dont bother individual instructors who instruct in owners aircraft. The moment you set up shop and provide aircraft + instruction, you have more of a profile. If there is a school at the airport that pays the fees, it wont take long for the airport authority to to learn about your activities.

Oh for sure. And I totally understand it once I started looking into what's involved. I'd be ****ed to if someone was getting away with not paying the fees if I was.

Well, it is FAA sanctioned absurdity. The zeal airports put into this is certainly variable and many dont bother individual instructors who instruct in owners aircraft. The moment you set up shop and provide aircraft + instruction, you have more of a profile. If there is a school at the airport that pays the fees, it wont take long for the airport authority to to learn about your activities.

I already contacted the airport I intend to base this airplane and confirmed that there are no non-complete clauses with the only other FBO on the field. Not that I expect to attract a lot of attention with two to three students, but this isn't a situation where I think "it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission."

I already contacted the airport I intend to base this airplane and confirmed that there are no non-complete clauses with the only other FBO on the field. Not that I expect to attract a lot of attention with two to three students, but this isn't a situation where I think "it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission."

A smart airport wants as much local flight training as possible. More pilots, more fuel flowage, more demand for hangar space. Unfortunately many airports are run by buerocrats whose salary comes from the city whether they do a good job fosterimg aviation or not.

Back