Another school shooting

good grief. what is up with people? We carried knives always and sometimes guns to school in our vehicles when i was young. Never would have thought to pull a knife much less a gun on anyone.

I think it stems from the "everyone is a winner, there are no losers" political correctness crap, along with not having parents with any backbone. Momma's little darling wouldn't be capable of ......

This one is right down the street from my office in the DTC. Too close to home on this one.

I think it stems from the "everyone is a winner, there are no losers" political correctness crap.

Whatever happened to meeting behind the school after school and having a simple fight?

Sheriff's report just now - single shooter with shotgun - looking for a specific teacher. Student confronted the shooter and was shot - transported to hospital in serious condition. Second student found with minor wounds. Shooter apparently committed suicide.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to meeting behind the school after school and having a simple fight?

Word spreads to the school admins who inform the police. At least thats what happened in my area.

Couple of cops would be waiting in the parking lot when school let out.

Word spreads to the school admins who inform the police. At least thats what happened in my area.

Couple of cops would be waiting in the parking lot when school let out.

Yeah, times change, back in the day you just had it out and everyone then went home.

good grief. what is up with people? We carried knives always and sometimes guns to school in our vehicles when i was young. Never would have thought to pull a knife much less a gun on anyone.

There's a reason people don't go to a firing range to do these shootings. When you make it abundantly clear where people that shoot back will absolutely not be, guess where the shootings take place.

This doesn't sound like a mass-shooting incident. This sounds like a person has some anger towards one other person and is going after them. That type of scenario isn't new at all and accounts for more school shooting deaths than spree killings. Of course, now a shooting in a school is big politics so there will be a disproportionate amount of coverage.

All I can say is, relax. Schools are still the safest place your kid can be and statistically probably still safer than the olden days. I demand there be no action.

This doesn't sound like a mass-shooting incident. This sounds like a person has some anger towards one other person and is going after them. That type of scenario isn't new at all and accounts for more school shooting deaths than spree killings. Of course, now a shooting in a school is big politics so there will be a disproportionate amount of coverage.

All I can say is, relax. Schools are still the safest place your kid can be and statistically probably still safer than the olden days. I demand there be no action.

Why are schools safer than anywhere else? What safeguards do they have in place to keep the kids safe?

(not that I think they have a responsibility to, just asking)

Why are schools safer than anywhere else? What safeguards do they have in place to keep the kids safe?

(not that I think they have a responsibility to, just asking)

I saw statics on that some years ago and of course now can't find them, but despite what the news tells us plain old accidents like falling down the stairs or falling out of a tree or tripping and going through a pane of glass are far more likely to hurt a child than any willful acts by another person.

Knowing that, it just makes sense. The kids at school are mostly sitting at their desks and not allowed to fool around. Not too many ways to get themselves into trouble there.

This carries into the adult world too- illness or a freak accident are the things that are likely to get you. Not some crazy person with a gun- whether that be a foreign terrorist or a domestic wacko.

I guess the takeaway is make them eat their vegetables and make sure they get all their shots and let them live out their childhoods.

When everything in your society centers around violence, especially entertainment, you breed a violent society.

When everything in your society centers around violence, especially entertainment, you breed a violent society.

When your government and a significant minority of citizens support, even worship, the mass murder of unborn children, the end result is going to be a generation with no respect for the living.

When your government and a significant minority of citizens support, even worship, the mass murder of unborn children, the end result is going to be a generation with no respect for the living.

Yep, and when those who protest abortions go out and kill the people performing abortions, even more so. When we bomb other countries and kill by the tens of thousands to secure profits from a technology that should have been gone 30 years ago, again, we teach a lack of respect for life.

worship? huh?

"show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites."

Children today are not allowed to do that, in fact there are special rules in place where children can learn to let off steam in supervised and approved ways, that do not allow touching or possibly making other children feel less than special and unique, by doing such things as running faster, or being more popular. :rolleyes2:

-John

Latest news is the brat was knocked out of his spot on the debate team, snapped, and decided to kill the teacher. Yeah I said brat. That's being a local and knowing what Highland's Ranch is all about.

So this one appears to be the completely natural outcome of all the "nobody loses and everyone gets a prize" idiots. The kid never learned to handle rejection or failure.

Exacerbating circumstance: Mom and dad divorced last year. The suburban myth of the relatively well off neighborhood in suburbia disintegrated.

At least this spawn of the suburban lie didn't use an "assault" weapon.

Who knows what goes through these idiot's heads and/or is taught to them. I suspect deeply that, "If I'm not the Captain of the Debate Team, I won't get into a good college," is a likely scenario.

Also makes ya wonder a bit when dad bails with only one year of high school to go, what was going on in the home.

Highland's Ranch is an area developed in the housing boom of the late 90s here. Perfect little suburbia, complete with "officers" who patrol the 'hood giving out "tickets" from the HOA for grass that's too long or a garage door left standing open. Suburban hell on earth, to me anyway. Most if the houses reflect the perfect little pekoe living inside. Or so they'd like to think. No place really ever is that perfect. Schools play a slight second fiddle to the neighboring Cherry Creek district which is significantly MORE affluent. Both are very well off. Just West of Arapahoe the Jefferson County district starts, again upper middle-class and home to Columbine HS.

These people typical aren't wanting for anything. But... They do spend inordinate amounts of time comparing themselves to the neighbors. You have a backyard fire pit? Oh I'd better get the contractor over here and get one too! Who knows, with the divorce this family could be struggling with serious fiscal problems. I'm just saying the typical member of the neighborhood makes a decent living but probably also would be listed in the "consumerism" type of crowd and might be quietly in debt up to their eyeballs. All the kids have to have lots of officially sanctioned "activities",and none of those are cheap, and all the parents work to pay for all of it. The neighborhood is a ghost town mid-day on a weekday. Traffic to commute to any business center areas or jobs is probably via C-470 or Santa Fe Drive, both if which are completely overloaded after a decade of development in the southern Denver Metro area. C-470 was one of those "roads to nowhere" when it first opened in the late 80s/early 90s. The influx of people moving here in the next decade completely filled and jammed it. The county straight south of Arapahoe county, Douglas, has held the title of "fastest growing county in the U.S. numerous times in the last two decades but has finally slowed.

So there the local scoop. And opinion. Mom, Dad, the school, all failed. Taught the kid he could never lose, and then he lost.

Word last night was that mom was out of town caring for a sick relative also. Haven't seen confirmation of that yet. What a bad day for her. I have compassion, of course. But am not truly surprised if the news keeps heading the way I think it will. Straight A student. Never lost at anything. Affluent family with no time but plenty of money. Something triggers the divorce. Kid buries himself in school work and debate team. Decides he's had enough and can't figure out that a high school debate team isn't his whole life nor is it that important in the grand scheme of things.

worship? huh?

"show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites."

Yep.
Abortion is the holy grail to far too many and the end result is a sick indifference to life.
Not far behind is the pathetic paranoia about gun ownership by people who can't seem to see the pandemic adoration of violence throughout popular "music," gaming, Broadcast entertainment and movies.
Rap and other forms of popular music glorify sexual abuse, racism, drug abuse, violence and every other form of anti social behavior.
Let a child eat a Pop tart and have some half witted, school teacher imagine seeing a representation of a handgun and watch the fireworks.
It is all institutional idiocy, coupled with government approved hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Back