Another reason why new planes are so expensive

They are one step blow Scum. I once stated in court that a witness had the ethics of a "Low life yellow page lawyer" It was not received well.

The general public doesn’t realize that both airplanes and helicopters are capable of gliding.

Perhaps these scummy lawyers should look at the federal government, the FAA, for training and testing. More emphasis could be placed on emergency landings. Now in-flight breakups, that is disturbing on the manufacturer and mechanics, but engine out, those are very survivable.

But like I said in another post, lawyers are scum, lazy and never do their job in the capacity it was meant for.

Perhaps these scummy lawyers should look at the federal government, the FAA, for training and testing. More emphasis could be placed on emergency landings. Now in-flight breakups, that is disturbing on the manufacturer and mechanics, but engine out, those are very survivable.

It really depends on the circumstances. Flying over Nebraska in the day, yeah, probably pretty survivable. Flying over central Idaho at night, you're not likely to survive...

It really depends on the circumstances. Flying over Nebraska in the day, yeah, probably pretty survivable. Flying over central Idaho at night, you're not likely to survive...

I do get nervous flying at night, I guess that explains why Canada has a separate license for night and Mexico requires IFR at night, IIRC.

I do get nervous flying at night, I guess that explains why Canada has a separate license for night and Mexico requires IFR at night, IIRC.

I think that has more to do with preventing loss of control accidents like JFK Jr. vs. fostering successful forced landings.

I've always been suspicious of any profession that requires two of the same! A doctor needs a patient, a salesman needs a buyer, a police officer needs a criminal, a firefighter needs a fire...

But in order for an attorney to do his job, he needs to interact with another attorney. Hmmm...

I've always been suspicious of any profession that requires two of the same! A doctor needs a patient, a salesman needs a buyer, a police officer needs a criminal, a firefighter needs a fire...

But in order for an attorney to do his job, he needs to interact with another attorney. Hmmm...

To be fair, there is no requirement that there be an attorney on the other side of the case. You can represent yourself in both civil or criminal courts.

Of course, there is usually not much to be gained by going against somebody silly enough to represent themselves in a court of law, unless you're the gov't. In which case you can usually obtain a higher conviction rate against self represented individuals, which is a thing.

But in order for an attorney to do his job, he needs to interact with another attorney.
But an attorney still needs a client (plaintiff or defendant) before they can interact with the other attorney.

But an attorney still needs a client (plaintiff or defendant) before they can interact with the other attorney.
true, but it really isn't to hard for them to shop for a client. channel 3454 at 2am, "have you or a loved one ever slipped on a banana peel? contact dewwy, cheatum and hough to get the compensation you deserve!"

true, but it really isn't to hard for them to shop for a client. channel 3454 at 2am, "have you or a loved one ever slipped on a banana peel? contact dewwy, cheatum and hough to get the compensation you deserve!"
I think it's pretty clear that you're in the pocket of big banana.

Ha. While that does seem to be a common method, unless that specific person has been damaged by that specific banana peel, highly doubtful they would have legal standing to collect anything. I'm all for tort reform but so long as over 50% of congress are attorneys probably won't happen any time soon.

And after that, in my experience, we hate them more.

Something happens where you were disadvantaged. A lawyer comes in and in the end you’re further disadvantaged. Judges sit there being quiet and not helping the disadvantaged side either. Courts are supposed to be about justice and what’s fair, but everyone plays it low key to get paid at the expense of the people.

I guess it depends on what side you end up on when it comes to opinions: the winning side or losing side. In my experience, I've been fortunate to be on the win side more but it still never felt like a win as the other side usually lost a loved one or suffered an unbearable event. The only issue being they tried to blame the wrong entity for their loss.

Lawyers and insurance. It's a love hate relationship between each other.

I don't think it's ok to disparage a whole profession. Obviously, lawyers are people that are trying to make a living and a lot of good has come from them. As well as a lot of bad stuff as well.
I guess it would be interesting to do a study to see if their effects are overall good or overall bad. Kind of like Walmart.

I guess it would be interesting to do a study to see if their effects are overall good or overall bad.

No need for a study, that question is easy to answer. Lawyers are necessary in any civil society based on rule of law and private property rights. The only alternatives to legal resolution of disputes would be government decree or physical force.

• "Secured the first ever official public apology from an airline after a fatal plane crash."
Does anyone know the case they are referring to?

Lawyers and politicians. Yeah, I guess we need them, but only because we haven’t figured out how to live without them.

Lawyers are necessary for only one reason: because the law is too complicated for the average person to understand without special training. Of course, since the laws are written by lawyers, it's in their interest to keep it complicated.

Robert Heinlein once suggested a constitutional amendment requiring that all laws must be able to be understood by a person of average intelligence, otherwise that law is null and void. Under that, the IRS tax code wouldn't stand a chance.

There are many, many regions where a forced landing isn't likely to be survivable. It's not just the big rocks, most of the eastern mountain are covered with trees and there are plenty of metro areas where the only places that don't have buildings have cars.

The lawyers go for the deep pockets.most jurors probably have a dislike for the insurance companies. Compassion for the family’s and figure the insurance companies have plenty of money.

There are many, many regions where a forced landing isn't likely to be survivable. It's not just the big rocks, most of the eastern mountain are covered with trees and there are plenty of metro areas where the only places that don't have buildings have cars.

Agreed, I was just trying to cover the extremes. I also didn't cover scenarios where the windscreen is covered in oil and the aircraft is full of smoke from a fire... ;-)

"In the event of a forced landing, turn on the landing light. If you don't like what you see, turn it off."

The lawyers go for the deep pockets.most jurors probably have a dislike for the insurance companies. Compassion for the family’s and figure the insurance companies have plenty of money.
And they get all that money from... Oh, wait.

Back