Another Raffle PA28

$50 ticket to win a $20,000 aircraft. Not such a bad deal. Won mine, no reason you can't win yours.

I won mine, too. I don't want to be seen as greedy, but I'll probably buy a ticket.

You can give me your 150 when you win the Cherokee :)

I know I'm going to be blasted for this, but I'm not a fan of low-wings. If I was to be lucky enough again, I would try to sell both and pick up a Cessna 180.

I know I'm going to be blasted for this, but I'm not a fan of low-wings. If I was to be lucky enough again, I would try to sell both and pick up a Cessna 180.

Or alternatively...you could just give me both of them. It'd be easier than selling them... :)

I stopped by their hangar and took a look at the plane a few months ago (bought a raffle ticket too). Nice looking bird. They still have one of the 172's they raffled off before as well.

And if you're in Houston, stop by the museum. It's still a work-in-progress, but they've done a good job so far and it's worth a couple of hours looking at the artifacts.

Was the plane donated to the museum or did they go the AOPA route and buy it with the intent to sell chances?

If I win would someone trade me a high wing Cessna?

I bought one. Who wants to buy a low wing PA28 from me in July?:D

I've never won anything in my life. Sniff.

So for me the deciding factor is whether the amount of the donation I would be making is to a cause worthy of the amount. (As I define worth, of course.) Unfortunately I would not normally donate $50 to an air museum that distant from me. Nice prize, though.

I think they bought it.

Kind of sucks. I have decided to donate my P28-180 to some worthy organization rather than sell it and, being in Houston, they were going to be one of my first calls. I figured they could put a fraction of their normal purchase costs into a donated plane and have more $$$ in their coffers. When I saw they had the Cherokee as their next raffle plane, I felt bad I hadn't acted sooner. :mad2:

I'm sure they'd still be happy for the donation, but it would be several years out before they'd raffle it off.

Kind of sucks. I have decided to donate my P28-180 to some worthy organization rather than sell it and, being in Houston, they were going to be one of my first calls. I figured they could put a fraction of their normal purchase costs into a donated plane and have more $$$ in their coffers. When I saw they had the Cherokee as their next raffle plane, I felt bad I hadn't acted sooner. :mad2:

I'm sure they'd still be happy for the donation, but it would be several years out before they'd raffle it off.

I'll take it off your hands :)

Noticed you live in spring, I used to live there, went to High school at Klein oak! Do you fly out of Hooks?

Look up Wings of Hope. That's where I won my plane.

That list on their website makes it seem to me like they do one plane a year, so I'm sure they'd be happy to take it for next years' raffle. Their hangar looked like it had enough space for another plane (several, actually). Give'em a call.

Woohoo! Bought me a ticket. Went to Wings of hope and bought another one.

Kinda feels like gambling, but if I lose, the money is for a good cause.

Tax deductible?

Interested in a Cessna? Click on http://www.wingsofhoperaffle.org The winner not only gets a plane but also flight instruction (your choice), a Lightspeed Zulu headset, and a 3 yr. membership in Cessna Owners Organization. ....an excellent cause too...see the website.

Yeah, that plane's as good as mine. You guys are competing for second prize.....:D

Interested in a Cessna? Click on http://www.wingsofhoperaffle.org The winner not only gets a plane but also flight instruction (your choice), a Lightspeed Zulu headset, and a 3 yr. membership in Cessna Owners Organization. ....an excellent cause too...see the website.

Last edited:
Back