Another Pabnel Upgrade Question

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
Please excuse my newb maintenance/upgrade question... But...taking the avionics out of the picture and talking about just the panel, what could one expect to pay for an upgrade from this

panel-1_9.jpg

to this

cherokee%20pannel.jpg

I am pretty handy.... that is I have been working cars, boats, and motorcycles ever since I learned to twist a throttle so I am assuming I could do much of this myself with a sign off. or is this not possible...

You mean just a flush aluminum panel, some folks have done most of it themself for a grand or so, but it's not like a afternoon project from what I hear.

For what is pictured, probably around $40k.

Subtract the 430 and the other radios but leave the new round instruments do you mean? Hard to tell what you are talking about exactly.

For what is pictured, probably around $40k.

Subtract the 430 and the other radios but leave the new round instruments do you mean? Hard to tell what you are talking about exactly.

:yeahthat:

Except, I don't see a 430 in either picture above? Looks like the OP is proposing a 650? Along with about another dozen AMUs of goodies.

The panel itself isn't too expensive, except it has to be legally placarded and to make it look good that usually means custom engraving or decal lettering. The example panel in the photo does not look legal to me.

Last edited:
Well, its probably more then. Lets have him spend $52,150 and see how that is...Hmm, how much money do you have?

The equipment in that picture alone --radios and CDIs, are worth around $20k alone. That doesn't include antennas, coax, connectors, tools, new breakers, new switches, new panel and the odds and ends you always end up replacing at the same just because you already have it apart.

Or labor. I doubt any AP is going to be like yeah... redo the entire plane and I'll just throw my signature on it at the end.

Reading the original post it's not completely clear, but I think he was asking about the aluminum pabnel (sic) itself, excluding all the stuff in it?

Back