Another Merry F'ing Christmas

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
No this is not another 'War on Christmas' or 'troll joke' about Christmas.

This morning I finally got to talk to the doctor about my step-dad. He is not doing well at all and will be going into a nursing home. This time last year, on Christmas day in fact, I had to put my mom into a nursing home. So as soon as we treat my step dad's other as in second pleural effusion and he is stabilized we will have to put him into a nursing home. How long he will be in there I don't know, but given his condition even if he can get out and go home he is going to need dialysis 3x per week and has only a few months to a year until the end.

Last edited:
You and your family are in my thoughts, Scott.

Take care.

Thanks.

I needed to vent!

He and I have had our issues. But it was not until my mom's funeral earlier this year that I realized he had been my dad longer than the man who really was my father. The past 10 years or so we have been becoming closer and when mom got sick we really did bond. This just sucks to see this all happen again so soon.

Last edited:
This just sucks to see this all happen again so soon.
Scott, I'm sorry to hear about this. Seems like having it happen around Christmas time makes it tougher to deal with, somehow.

Scott,
Sorry to hear this. We enjoyed meeting him in Tampa this year. Tell him that Leslie and I are thinking of him.

I was going to complain about having auto accidents around Christmas, but that's nothing compared to your problems. Sorry!

Although I know times are rough for you right now, it might help to look on the bright side. Christmas is just next week and even though the future isn't promising at the moment, it might be good to appreciate every day you do get. Make this Christmas the best you can for him, even if he may not show it, I'm sure he would appreciate it. Like they say, "live every day as if it will be your last."

Try to smile and good luck to you both,
Tristan

My sympathies, Scott.

I'm learning how hard it is to give Mom a payback, in my case, when I'm 50 miles away.

We still gotta do it.

Everyone dies sooner or later. That's just how it is. It will happen to all of us. It is a mitzvah that you had good time with him. Make as certain as you can that you leave no regrets. It's all you can do.

You can vent among us, its ok. Sometimes life just sucks.

I learned of a suicide in town this afternoon. Not anyone I know but I sure feel for that family and his friends. A pilot, too.

We have seen the future and it's pretty scary. Some bit of our living has always to be for present relationships.....

Yes it sucks. We moved my parents into such a situation last year....

Scott - I'm really sorry to hear about this. Our family's prayers for you and your family. This kind of stuff is hard, but doubly so during the holidays.

Henning is right you need to take care of yourself to take care of your step dad. Hang tough and you will be inour prayers and toughts Scott

Scott sending you and your family warm thoughts during this tough time.
Hang in there!

Scott, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you endure this journey.

Scott, I know what you are going through. Best of luck to you. Between my dad's cancer surgery (which he is finally recovering from, but still has chemo to look forward to) and my sister-in-law's Huntington's Disease (for which she likely will be institutionalized soon) it hasn't exactly been a fun fall for us, either. Stay strong for your dad, he needs you.

1) Condolences. Losing a loved one is never easy, and it must be worse given the season.

2) On the "Merry F***ing Christmas": I was the victim of a hit and run at the mall today. I spent 15 minutes lying on the road before someone called an ambulance.

~ Christopher

e season.2) On the "Merry F***ing Christmas": I was the victim of a hit and run at the mall today. I spent 15 minutes lying on the road before someone called an ambulance.
Wow! How awful! :eek: Somebody hit you with their car and just drove off???? Didn't anyone stop to help you?????? I hope you weren't hurt too badly.

1) Condolences. Losing a loved one is never easy, and it must be worse given the season.

2) On the "Merry F***ing Christmas": I was the victim of a hit and run at the mall today. I spent 15 minutes lying on the road before someone called an ambulance.

~ Christopher

Ummm... I hope you're OK. Sounds sort of inadequate.

Guess that there were not any pilots driving by.

I hope that the fact that you are up to posting here is some evidence you are on the mend.

---
Break
---

Scott:

Hang in there. I have a pretty good idea what's up, you have my prayers.

/s/ Spike

~ Christopher

Ouch! I hope you're OK. When I crashed my bike the only ameliorating circumstance was that a few people came over to help.

It's been a year of unpleasant circumstances for me as well, I've had two funerals that directly impacted me.

For a while in my family, we were afraid of Christmas. One of my cousins killed herself right before Christmas probably 15 years ago now, and a few years after that my great aunt died 8 days before. Ultimately, though, I'm not sure that there is really such thing as a "good time."

It still seems wrong that such things should happen during a time of year that is supposed to be joyous and festive.

I'm sorry, Scott, hopefully things will look up. Ultimately, we all have a lot to be thankful for. Some days it's harder to remember that than others.

Meh, that REALLY sucks, Scott. I'm sorry to hear about all of this happening, especially at this time :(

Christmas can be a scary time... we lost my brother 5 days after Christmas, 3 years ago, and lost my mom 3 weeks after Christmas last year. Dang. :(

I'm going to be trolling the board a lot for a while. Two weeks confined to the bed.

*Sigh*

~ Christopher

I'm going to be trolling the board a lot for a while. Two weeks confined to the bed.
So, what happened? Were you on foot when you got hit?

I hope you have someone to help you out at home (this is the home health nurse talking now).

I was hit from behind while walking out to my car.

I am actually staying with my parents, I had just arrived in California to spend Christmas with them.

My mother is fussing over me in a way she hasn't since I was about 12.

~ Christopher

*Sigh*

~ Christopher

Christopher that really stinks. So people, well, I can't say what I think about them, but doing that to you is not right. I hope the police catch the 'large mouth fish' excrement. But I hope you get well soon and remember you have people here that will think of you and can help.

I was hit from behind while walking out to my car.

I am actually staying with my parents, I had just arrived in California to spend Christmas with them.

My mother is fussing over me in a way she hasn't since I was about 12.

~ Christopher
That might not have happen if you had stopped picking up other guy's girlfriends at bars.

Did you follow your mom's advise? Ya know the one... Always wear clean underwear in case you have an accident?

I've made it part of my preflight checklist. :)

I'm sorry to hear about that, Scott. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

We lost my Dad 15 years ago, just before Thanksgiving. It changes the holiday mood forever.

I know that someday I will be facing the same thing with my Mother. So far she has nothing life threatening, but I have noticed a decline in her mental abilities. I burn up the skies in my Cessna flying back and forth from ATL to STL as often as possible to see her.

Back