Another ForeFlight nit

1) Of course I’ve adjusted the brightness. Good daylight visibility requires at least 1000 nits and none of the iPads exceeds about 600 or so.

2) FF has chosen to offer their app only on the iPad platform rather than Android devices that have brighter screens. I’ll also note that I and others have had problems with the iPads overheating.

Simply put, iPads were not designed for the cockpit. I’ve seen users kludge together sun shades and add cooling to try to make them work.
Well, you do have to buy the better models of iPad....

iPad Pro
It also features a breathtaking 1000 nits of full‑screen brightness and 1600 nits of peak brightness.

Well, you do have to buy the better models of iPad....

iPad Pro
1,600 nits for HDR peaks, and 1,000 nits for full-screen brightness. It’s only for when watching HDR video or looking at HDR photos. In regular app use, Apple restricts the screen to 600 nits, which helps keep the battery life at10 hours.

If you rent or own, airplanes are one expensive hobby. Foreflight in my mind (USED PROPERLY) increases safety.
So if you fill up a 50-gallon aircraft at $6+ a gallon you currently buy a subscription.

Back