Another crash in CT

It came from Danbury. One of the news articles has pictures with the N number visible. It looks like it was from the same flight school as the C172 that crashed two weeks ago...

That's a fairly large news segment for a GA crash. When I flew over that way I hated departure legs, all I could think about was losing an engine and nothing but trees below. I'm used to my little bubble of airports around me, they all have open land around departure legs.

Total speculation but from the location of the plane in the news story (north of the field) it looks like a possible base to final stall for runway 17 (if they overshot final).

Update:
The plane was N1727V. I have hundreds of hours in that plane.
It looks like they were trying to make it to Candlelight Farms, a grass strip a little north of DXR.

I just got off the phone with the owner of the plane. They are not ready to release any names.

Last edited:
N1727V in happier days. I have a lot of hours in that plane. I knew the instructor who died in it today.
IMG_1340.JPG

Crap! Not good and I too have many hours in that plane.

Sorry to hear this. Two in a month. I imagine that will probably put them out of business.

I hate reading about these they just don't make sense. One of my instructors with 20k hours who saved my bacon many times just crashed a taildragger, it can happen to anybody.

Tough one. I've heard that call sign on frequencies before during my flights around the Northeast( it's kind of a distinct and memorable call sign.)

Clear skies and tail winds to all those impacted.

Back