Another crash at KSUT

I've seen this plane for sale on trade-a-plane. I wonder what happened.

landing gear looks flattened. And “A photo showed the plane appeared to missing a wing.”. Indeed.

There has to be an interesting story for this one.

This headline is even better.

Pilot ejects as small plane crashes in Southport​

By Michael White Brunswick County​
PUBLISHED 11:12 AM ET Oct. 15, 2023​
SOUTHPORT, N.C. — A single-engine plane crashed on a street in the coastal North Carolina town of Southport on Sunday morning, officials said.​
The pilot ejected and was taken to a hospital, the Southport Fire Department stated on social media.​

I guess rolling out of the cockpit after a crash is technically ejecting??

Michael White, maybe you should have phoned a friend for this one.

Looks like an emergency landing gone bad. I’m sure the headline was written by som with an aviation background.

This headline is even better.

Pilot ejects as small plane crashes in Southport​

By Michael White Brunswick County​
PUBLISHED 11:12 AM ET Oct. 15, 2023​
SOUTHPORT, N.C. — A single-engine plane crashed on a street in the coastal North Carolina town of Southport on Sunday morning, officials said.​
The pilot ejected and was taken to a hospital, the Southport Fire Department stated on social media.​

I guess rolling out of the cockpit after a crash is technically ejecting??

Michael White, maybe you should have phoned a friend for this one.

Aw geez. Lmao. I belief the Czech SportCruiser ejection option is a cushion with a spring under it maybe?

Glad the guy is ok though!

Looks like an emergency landing gone bad. I’m sure the headline was written by som with an aviation background.
Or good. He survived. No one else hurt. Planes can be replaced.

Had he taken off to the south, you have the beach, ocean, and ICW out the wind screen. Glad he’s OK and home today.

Back