Another Commercial Complex Question

farky

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
farky
I only have a few hours of retract time but a little over 20 hrs turbine time.....this meets the requirements for complex time for my commercial right? Or am I still not understanding it right? Did they eliminate the need for the 10 hrs complex time altogether or just the requirement for a complex aircraft to be used on the commercial checkride? Thanks

I only have a few hours of retract time but a little over 20 hrs turbine time.....this meets the requirements for complex time for my commercial right? Or am I still not understanding it right? Did they eliminate the need for the 10 hrs complex time altogether or just the requirement for a complex aircraft to be used on the commercial checkride? Thanks
So your time is in something like a Caravan? No, that does not count by itself,

You can do the check ride in a Technologically Advanced airplane but you still need the 10 hours of complex time.

You can do the check ride in a Technologically Advanced airplane but you still need the 10 hours of complex time.

I have time in a turbine Air Tractor

That's what some other people have told me as well, but explain this then

FAR 61.129 10 hours of training in an airplane that has a retractable landing gear, flaps, and a controllable pitch propeller, or is turbine-powered, or for an applicant seeking a single-engine seaplane rating, 10 hours of training in a seaplane that has flaps and a controllable pitch propeller;

I have 7 hours complex dual (in a Mooney) as well as the endorsement, but this was before my instrument rating. If I decide to go for a commercial will I need an additional 3 dual? Or will it need to be 10 since the previous 7 was not in pursuit of the commercial?

I have time in a turbine Air Tractor

That's what some other people have told me as well, but explain this then

FAR 61.129 10 hours of training in an airplane that has a retractable landing gear, flaps, and a controllable pitch propeller, or is turbine-powered, or for an applicant seeking a single-engine seaplane rating, 10 hours of training in a seaplane that has flaps and a controllable pitch propeller;
I can interpret that to mean in lieu of the controllable pitch prop, but I can see how it can be interpreted as solely turbine powered. I can’t answer that. That clause was added while I wasn’t looking.

Effective August 27: "10 hours of training in a complex airplane, a turbine-powered airplane, or a technically advanced airplane (TAA) that meets the requirements of paragraph (j) of this section, or any combination thereof."

He can do the checkride in any airplane.

Effective August 27: "10 hours of training in a complex airplane, a turbine-powered airplane, or a technically advanced airplane (TAA) that meets the requirements of paragraph (j) of this section, or any combination thereof."

He can do the checkride in any airplane.

Right but do I still need 10 hours of retract time if I have the turbine time? By the looks of the FAR I don't...

Right but do I still need 10 hours of retract time if I have the turbine time? By the looks of the FAR I don't...

The answer seems pretty clear.

As long as 10 hours of your Caravan time was dual then yes, you're good to go.

Yes....dual instruction in an Air Tractor 504.

Back