Anonymous poll - Do you carry? No Spin Zone content, please!

Anonymous poll - Do you carry a handgun?

• I am LEO and open-carry off-duty.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am LEO and concealed carry off-duty.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • I often open carry in (non-range) areas where it is permitted.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • I often carry a concealed weapon in areas where it is permitted.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I occasionally open carry in (non-range) areas where it is permitted.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I occasionally carry a concealed weapon in areas where it is permitted.

Votes: 22 14.6%
  • I almost never carry a handgun.

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • I never carry a handgun.

Votes: 49 32.5%

• Total voters
What's it mean when there are 7 choices for carrying a gun and only 1 for not? Simple 'do you carry?' poll seems to be pretty slanted with all the carry options.

Please explain how you think this poll is biased? I thought the OP did a pretty good job with the poll. It seems the goal was to get a sense of gun carrying habits. I'm not sure how you can come up with more poll choices for people who never carry a handgun.

Maybe you were looking for

• Never carry a handgun
  • Never ever carry a handgun
  • Never ever ever ever in my wildest dreams carried a handgun
  • Never never never never never never never ever carry a handgun
  • I do not ever carry a handgun
  • Carrying a handgun I do not
  • I am not a handgun carrier

That should even things out a bit.

I saw a clip on this news the other day about this. Why did you shoot the man 6 times?

Waitress standing at bus stop at 10 pm. She just got off work and was waiting on the bus. She has a CC permit and was holding her gun in her purse.

All of a sudden she gets spun around and the next thing she knows some dude is running away and she is standing there with this gun in her hand.

She said, I just got paid and every penny I owned was in that purse. She holds up the gun and started pulling the trigger.

She said on the seventh pull it just went click. They let her walk. If more thought people had a weapon things like this would not happen.

I say..Go girl...

Tony

Again, Spin Zone.

I carry almost all the time. If I know I have to go someplace that doesn't allow it (courthouse, commerical flight) I'll leave it at home. Other than that, no one knows I have a gun in my purse.

Interesting poll so far. More carriers than non. I realize it is non-scientific, but interesting so far.

David

Have a CWP, but never carry, sometimes have a pistol under the seat or in a bag behind my seat.

Most people I have seen Open Carry are some sort of unstable/goofball type of person who is paranoid or has some sort of delusions of reality, they make me nervous to be in the grocery store line as I am afraid they will start shooting if a can of green beans is dropped. No thanks.

Have a CWP, but never carry, sometimes have a pistol under the seat or in a bag behind my seat.

Most people I have seen Open Carry are some sort of unstable/goofball type of person who is paranoid or has some sort of delusions of reality, they make me nervous to be in the grocery store line as I am afraid they will start shooting if a can of green beans is dropped. No thanks.

I only carry open when riding the bike. For a group of people who say they don't see motorcycles (cagers) they sure give me a much wider berth when I carry.

This bugs me a bit too. LEO's are trained to always protect their weapon and be situationally aware of any threats to their weapon, and Joe Blow off the street that is going to open carry just because he can and he thinks it looks cool does not have the benefit of that training. I can't help but think that he/she is much more likely to have that weapon taken away simply because it is in plain sight and is an inviting target and won't be protected.

I won't ever open carry, regardless of the law - nobody needs to know where my weapon is or what type it is or whether or not I have it on me. It removes the chance that someone will try to take it from me, and I'll lay odds that I can have my concealed weapon out and ready for use within a split second of the same time that guy could with his open carry.

I only carry open when riding the bike. For a group of people who say they don't see motorcycles (cagers) they sure give me a much wider berth when I carry.

Only in your very delusional mind. Cagers don't see you or your piece. Keep that in mind and you might not wind up asphalt pizza. I certainly hope you don't.

Color me paranoid. I carry MOST of the time. I also have several knives on me if I have my britches on. I keep a backup .38 snub in the car along with a baseball bat. There is also a Remington 1100 within arms reach when I am in my bed.

Only in your very delusional mind. Cagers don't see you or your piece. Keep that in mind and you might not wind up asphalt pizza. I certainly hope you don't.

And you've carried a gun while riding to know whether they act differently or not? Oh you haven't? Then how would you know?

Whatever. I stopped counting at over 400kmi on two wheels....still here, still riding.

This bugs me a bit too. LEO's are trained to always protect their weapon and be situationally aware of any threats to their weapon, and Joe Blow off the street that is going to open carry just because he can and he thinks it looks cool does not have the benefit of that training. I can't help but think that he/she is much more likely to have that weapon taken away simply because it is in plain sight and is an inviting target and won't be protected.

I won't ever open carry, regardless of the law - nobody needs to know where my weapon is or what type it is or whether or not I have it on me. It removes the chance that someone will try to take it from me, and I'll lay odds that I can have my concealed weapon out and ready for use within a split second of the same time that guy could with his open carry.

Not sure which is more of a concern, those who open carry WITHOUT training or those who open carry WITH training.

Guys who are walking thru a grocery store identifying every Mom and Sr. Citizen pushing a grocery cart by some sort of Red-Yellow-Green threat level they learned at "gun training" and "self-defense" training might be a bigger threat than those who just think it looks cool.

Life has got to be horrible if you can't look at people without deciding whether or not you are going to have to kill them in the canned vegetables aisle.

(And not even going to start on nutcases that take guns to theaters to shoot people who send text messages to their kids.)

(And not even going to start on nutcases that take guns to theaters to shoot people who send text messages to their kids.)

Two nutcases who refused to back down. One's dead and the other gets to spend his retirement in jail. All because each had to be a "man" and neither would back down.

Whatever. People are stupid.

Whatever. I stopped counting at over 400kmi on two wheels....still here, still riding.

Same here, I've ridden for over 30 years in four different countries. Loud pipes, weird bikes, reflective clothing, none of it works. Cagers are blissfully unaware. If you think otherwise it isn't a matter of if, but when, and I don't give a crap how far you've gone.

There was only one thing I ever saw that got a cager's attention, which was a doohicky that would make your headlight blink on and off at a frequency that seemed specially attuned to the human eye. You just couldn't not look at the thing. So far as I know its illegal everywhere.

Same here, I've ridden for over 30 years in four different countries. Loud pipes, weird bikes, reflective clothing, none of it works. Cagers are blissfully unaware. If you think otherwise it isn't a matter of if, but when, and I don't give a crap how far you've gone.

There was only one thing I ever saw that got a cager's attention, which was a doohicky that would make your headlight blink on and off at a frequency that seemed specially attuned to the human eye. You just couldn't not look at the thing. So far as I know its illegal everywhere.

What works for me is go like hell. At least until I find a bit of pavement to call my own. Otherwise, they can't kill you if they can't catch you. Been riding almost 50 years and every time I downed a bike, I had no-one to blame but myself.

What works for me is go like hell. At least until I find a bit of pavement to call my own. Otherwise, they can't kill you if they can't catch you. Been riding almost 50 years and every time I downed a bike, I had no-one to blame but myself.
Yup, the best defense on a bike is a fast offense. I see so many bikers riding slow and stupid I'm always partly ashamed and partly of a desire to run my two wheeling brothers over for their sins.

What works for me is go like hell. At least until I find a bit of pavement to call my own.

Works for me. In general I prefer to travel about 10mph faster than prevailing traffic. I can deal with threats from the front much better than the rear.

Two nutcases who refused to back down. One's dead and the other gets to spend his retirement in jail. All because each had to be a "man" and neither would back down.

Whatever. People are stupid.

I have not read enough to convict the Dad Texting Kid as a "nutcase". I am pretty sure the old guy with that brought a gun to a popcorn fight definitely qualifies as "nutcase". No gun, no courage for the coward.

What we need is reasonable common sense comprehensive smart phone control. Smart phones have been killing people on the highways and now it is happening in theaters.

What we need is reasonable common sense comprehensive smart phone control. Smart phones have been killing people on the highways and now it is happening in theaters.
Yeah post birth abortion for smart phone users.

Wisdom if ever I heard it, one of the main reasons I ride a super bike.

Back