Annual Wings of Hope Save-a-Kids Life Airplane Raffle!

All 3,000 tickets sold in less than 24 hours! The fastest sell out in our history!

We are so grateful to all who participated. Only one of you will win a plane—but hundreds will benefit from your support of our Medical Relief & Air Transport Program. They are the real winners!

THANK YOU! We are so blessed to have such generous supporters.

As an aside to this group, we've tried multiple raffles in a given year and Anymouse's "raffle fatigue" is a valid phenomena. Ditto for household budgets and the diminishing effect of print advertising. Our 2nd and 3rd raffles took forever to sell out. In the years that followed we've changed the way we publicize and promote the raffle and we've lately been fortunate in having some outstanding donated planes to offer. We'd like to maintain that standard so ours is the "go to" raffle each year. Now....a question for the group: would your interest in this raffle stay the same if we increased the raffle's size (ticketing) from 3000 to 4000?

Again, mega-thanks for your support.

For me, the odds are what make it so appealing. I'd say for the years that you know you have a nicer airplane (nothing against a 172), a higher ticket price might be worth it. I'm already willing buy 3 tix for $125 for essentially 1:1000 odds for a 50 year-old 172 so I would have no issue paying $180 for equal odds to get a faster plane that can haul a Steinway.

So did the tickets start at 0001 and go up to 3000? If so, they over sold the raffle. My second set are numbered above 3,000.

2nd Set???
That changes everything.

My odds were based on you purchasing a single set of tickets,
Now you've gone and bumped it.

Now mathematically, @labbadabba is going to win.

So did the tickets start at 0001 and go up to 3000? If so, they over sold the raffle. My second set are numbered above 3,000.

Do you have your tickets for the Wings Of Hope raffle? I haven't seen mine yet. I do have my ticket for the 1940's Air Terminal one. I suppose if I win both I'll decide which one to sell...

John

For me, the exact odds don't matter, but the plane does. I wouldn't have bid on something that wouldn't at least sort of meet my mission. ie, 172 are great airplanes, but since my mission is 4 up, I would not have purchased for it. But a 235 i can take people in. :)

Also, the raffle is great, besides supporting a good cause, I can buy a ticket out of discretionary money, and if I win a plane, would get to keep it, versus I'm not in a space with the family commitments that I could buy a plane right now, so it's kind of extra cool that if I win, i get to own a plane. :)

I got my tickets and saw my numbers as soon as I paid. I'm wondering if the only tickets we get are electronic now.?

I got my tickets and saw my numbers as soon as I paid. I'm wondering if the only tickets we get are electronic now.?

Hmm. Maybe so. I just noticed the large, bold "View Your Tickets" link in the confirmation email. :oops:

John

Regarding Kiddo's Driver comment about ticketing sequence: In previous raffles we printed tickets 0001 - 3000, manually entered data on each entrant, addressed envelopes and mailed tickets. This year we've used an online ticketing service which captured each entrant's data and assigned a 8-digit random number as a starting point for the consecutively numbered 3000 tickets. Online entrants were issued printable electronic tickets and the data for offline entrants (there were a few) was manually entered onto the same system which generated tickets for mailing. The total ticket count remains at 3000......hope this addresses any concerns. :)

And what about our other concern, Having raffles more frequently until everyone on this forum has won a plane?

And what about our other concern, Having raffles more frequently until everyone on this forum has won a plane?
Hey, we're working on it! Our previous 5 raffles had 2 and possibly 3 winners coming from this forum. For reasons cited in my April 4 (Monday) post we're still favoring quality vs. quantity. :)

Please stay with quality and low ticket count. I would pay more for the same odds if that's what it takes. Thank you for the good use of the money also.

I probably missed it, but when are you drawing the winner?
Right now the raffle drawing is scheduled to take place at our annual volunteer luncheon on May 13.......assuming of course, that we're sold out by that date. All ticket holders are invited to attend.

Im hoping earlier now that they sold out so fast. I wont be around on May 13th to get the winning call.

I got email today saying the raffle would be held 12:30-1:00 on May 13th, 2016.

I guess I better look into hangar space...:)

John

Ok, I know the drawing is in 4 days and the tickets sold out in the first 23 hours.

For my future planning, how much were the tickets? I think I saw $125 for 3, is that correct?

Buying my tickets, this "negative" thought entered my head.....

When someone wins a prize such as this, it it something the IRS is gonna want to know about?

Yup. When I won my Cherokee I had to raise about 25% of its stated value in taxes. Sold my old airplane to do it. It was well worth it, that Cherokee was the best example of the breed I've even laid eyes on. Most folks who saw it agreed.

Anyone have the winning tickets?

Grand Prize winner for the Piper Cherokee is:

308623206Second place winner for the PPL Scholarship is:

They sent out an email today about a second raffle. Looks like the aircraft is a 1965 Cessna 172F with low time engine and a few new-ish panel upgrades (Garmin G5/GTX 327). Claims paint was redone in 2001. Might make an okay bird.

sweet another chance for me to win this year! They did up the amount of tickets sold by 1000.

Back