Annual - 1967 Cherokee 180

FlyBoyAndy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyBoyAndy
Any one out there that owns a Cherokee 180 or similar that can share the last annual cost without having any special additional maintenance? I'm trying to get a ballpark number.

$1200 plus or minus for a drop off. There are regional differences in prices. Also, smaller shops tend to cost less. If you Can find an AI who will allow an owner assist, you’ll be better off in many ways.

I fly an Archer and the annual this past July was $1500 and change. That included a tube and tire replacement and current transponder certification.

$1200 plus or minus for a drop off. There are regional differences in prices. Also, smaller shops tend to cost less. If you Can find an AI who will allow an owner assist, you’ll be better off in many ways.
Referencing some joyfully deleted recent threads, I wouldn't let AI anywhere near my airplane. Find an IA....;)

Last edited:
Referencing some joufully deleted recent threads, I wouldn't let AI anywhere near my airplane. Find an IA....;)
You got me...this time.:D
Perhaps yours needs some proofreading also, joufully...it's even underlined. But 'y' is next to the 'u'.
We are becoming complacent, complacent in our editing.

Hey... we all find jou in different places. ;) Thanks for the catch.

I charge $500.00 flat rate for the inspection.
and $50. per per hour to repairs

it doesn't matter if you help or no not.

My last annual was $600 on a cherokee 140. I think it was about $350 when I had the 180. But that was some years ago. I do all the work, the A&P/IA, looks at it, and signs the books.

$800, owner assist. I do the unscrewing, he does the inspecting. Does not include any discrepancies or stuff we decide to do while we're in there.

Same experience as @Hang 4, about $800 for self assist. Doesn't include any repairs. Not a lot to a Cherokee, about 1200 parts in the whole airframe.

for my warrior the last one was a couple of hundred in parts. the one before that was almost 30k.

Back