Annoying sun at FL280

A captain I fly with has some kind of black mesh baby sun visor that works very well.

A piece of masking tape and a small torn off portion of the release/WX/Wt&balance/ or some other unnecessary form does the trick of hiding the sun when your ballcap visor isn't enough.That trick has been around since DC-3 days.

If you're worried about the UV rays, get some sunscreen. (works for me!)

Why can I not see this pilot's image (large red x). I have not been able to see POA images in about a month. Is it my internet settings?

Why can I not see this pilot's image (large red x). I have not been able to see POA images in about a month. Is it my internet settings?
You installed or let be installed something that changed what application is used to display a certain filetype. Probably a jpg. Look in File Explorer under TOOLS, Folder Options, and File Types. Windows uses these settings to figure out how to view files.

No iPad yet but thinking about it since almost nothing works on an Android tablet. Wing X looks good. When's the new iPad coming?

A captain I fly with has some kind of black mesh baby sun visor that works very well.

We use the mesh sun shades that attach by suction cup on the canopy of the RV. Hair is getting a little thin up top nowadays, so I try to keep as much sun off of the noggin' as possible. :D

You installed or let be installed something that changed what application is used to display a certain filetype. Probably a jpg. Look in File Explorer under TOOLS, Folder Options, and File Types. Windows uses these settings to figure out how to view files.

Thanks but that didn't work. When I right click on the x of all the photos (for weeks now) they all say TAPATALK. It must have something to do with that.

Thanks but that didn't work. When I right click on the x of all the photos (for weeks now) they all say TAPATALK. It must have something to do with that.

Do you have any site-blocking tools installed in your browser?

My guess would be that your browser is not displaying images that are hosted off-site away from PoA on Tapatalk's servers.

Those of us using Tapatalk Apps on mobile devices to read PoA can also post images and the software can either upload those images to PoA or to the Tapatalk image servers.

PoA has the Tapatalk image uploads disabled, so that option is greyed out, and the only option available is "Tapatalk Hosted" for image uploads.

The feature is settable by the various Forums... another forum I'm on allows the direct uploads of images from Tapatalk.

When I view PoA from a "real" browser, the Tapatalk hosted inline images show up just peachy... but if something in your browser security settings or add-on software is blocking inline images "not hosted on the server" that would do it.

I'm home now and the photo is hilarious (newspapers in cockpit).

I think it was me using the "In Private" IE browser at work which has limited capabilities. I'll try using the regular one next time.

Thanks for the help.

Kimberly

They make portable shades that you can still see through. These are gold color and do a great job of reflecting heat and light, with good vis outside. Suction cups make it portable from plane to plane, rolls up into your flight bag.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pspages/parmor.php

That stuff from Aircraft Spruce is $26.95. The free newspaper from the fbo is FREE. What do you think a bunch of cheap pilots are going to make do with.

I know that I get my free sunshade where I get my free coffee and my free cookies.

Back