Annoying phone issue

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
Stats:

Motorola Droid Razr (98.72.165.xt912.verizon)

Running 4.1.2

On numerous calls, I can hear them but they can't hear me. If this happens and I turn on the speaker phone, then they can hear me fine.

:dunno:

Doesn't "speaker phone" and "normal phone" use the same mic?

Any ideas.

I had a similar problem with my Razr Max a few months ago. Turning it off and then back on solved the problem. I don't know why, but that was Verizon's suggestion and it worked. Sometimes the simplest things...

Turning it off and then back on solved the problem. I don't know why, but that was Verizon's suggestion and it worked.

That's what a level 1 TSR always says when they have no idea what your problem is nor how to solve it, and no desire to learn either.

I do reboot it. Sometimes it helps, most of the time it doesn't. Also, there seems to be particular places where it happens more frequently. At the end of my drive, in the barn, at the airport, etc. Signal strength is almost always at least 3 of 5 bars when it happens though so it's not like it's an "only one bar of signal" issue.

I am thinking ear wax on the speaker outlet!!!!!

What's that...I can't hear you!

Actually...it's the mic that not working...not the earpiece speaker. I can hear them fine. They can't hear me,

That's what a level 1 TSR always says when they have no idea what your problem is nor how to solve it, and no desire to learn either.

That may well be, but I hadn't had this problem before, and haven't had it since. I could hear the party I called just fine, but I sounded all garbled to them. A soft re-boot (no power cycle) solved the issue. I know, I said cycle the power earlier, but now that I think about it we didn't go that far. And I have no idea what caused the problem, only that it was fixed and has stayed fixed.

Back