Anniversary Present

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
Got my wife a nice ring for our 25th anniversary a few months ago, and have been shopping for my gift since then. Picked it up this morning from an Army MSgt who was thinning the herd in his gun safe. 4 tours in Iraq and retiring soon - thanks for your service! It's a Ruger mini-14 in 5.56mm

To tie in to aviation - flew down to Meadow Lake this morning to pick it up. Beautiful morning to fly, after yesterday's 50k gusts. Timed it right as well, as the overcast has rolled in this afternoon.

Attachments

• DSCN0261a.jpg
    DSCN0261a.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Oooh, nice Greg. Now you can be part of the A-Team!

Who makes the custom stock? What kind of scope do you use? I also have a Ruger mini14 and would like to customize it.

My son has a mini-14 and has a great time with it. Just stay away from the cheap Russian made ammo with the steel cases. Calling it junk is being kind.

It's sporting the ATI Strikeforce stock. The seller decided he really wanted to keep the Aimpoint sight he had on it, so we horsetraded for a basic Simmons 4x optical scope, rail-mounted laser pointer and 500 rds of ammo. I think I got a smokin-hot deal.

I'm still shopping/thinking/researching for a new antelope gun ... something in a .25cal that will hold consistently at 500 yds - I'm a big fan of the Winchester model 70 action, but could be swayed to try something else.

Last edited:
LOL - I bought her the ring and she said "go buy yourself a gun" and then muttered under her breath "I don't know WHAT you think you're going to do with another gun. How many guns do you need?" and I just grinned and pointed to the rings ... "looks like you don't have much room to talk, dear."

They get jewelry and shoes, we get guns. Seems fair to me.

Helps to have an in, right, Joyce? :) Kind of like the Shane commercials - "You have a friend in the diamond business."

Hahaha, yep, guess it's actually cheaper and easier for him to get me the guns!

Back