And you though certified Cessna parts were expensive...

Because they have retinal scans to get into them and they are EMP shielded and can act as escape pods. LOL

My guess is they will be custom fit to the airframe. Gotta love STC's on things that don't affect the flight envelope/Ops (like AC in a GA aircraft). Instead of approval on the system itself the STC has to be on each individual airframe. Oh this is a 172 so the unit is only authorized in 172 variants not the 182. It makes me wonder if the FAA weren't involved would it cost that much? I mean install the refrigerator recalculate weight and balance...done

So if MREs are good enough for the troops why aren’t they good enough for the Pres in an unusual situation?

So if MREs are good enough for the troops why aren’t they good enough for the Pres in an unusual situation?

Why should those denizens of the swamp have special privilege? When times are desperate even Liver Sausage sandwiches can taste good. If things get really rough, cats, as much I like them, are expendable. Your lunch, under those circumstances may not fit your fancy but they will keep you alive.

Sorry, kitty. You are a natural born predator and mice are free lunch if you can catch them. Your Fancy Tuna may not be the best I've ever had but it is nourishment. You want me to be here later to provide you with good things to eat let me survive to do that.

To those of you think I'm a rectal orifice for saying that I do like cats. We had a hangar cat at the last shop I worked at and she loved getting getting her morning breakfast and patrolling the premises for pests. Even though she never went hungry her joy in life appeared to be ridding the hangar of vermin.

As an aside, our tabby loved people and came to almost everyone who entered our business to get petted. A sweet lil' pus to be sure, but she knew her task in life and did her best at it.

I remember when the general public went nutso because someone came out with, "The white house is paying 9000 bucks for toilet seat..!!!"

Then it came out they were special toilet seats for the space shuttle...

The simple folk.... gotta love 'em...

To those of you think I'm a rectal orifice for saying that I do like cats. We had a hangar cat at the last shop I worked at and she loved getting getting her morning breakfast and patrolling the premises for pests. Even though she never went hungry her joy in life appeared to be ridding the hangar of vermin.

As an aside, our tabby loved people and came to almost everyone who entered our business to get petted. A sweet lil' pus to be sure, but she knew her task in life and did her best at it.
I get it. We've had as many as 6 but have allowed natural attrition to thin the heard. Then this gal shows up IMG_6778.jpg cuz she knows this is where she gets the good stuff. She spends most of her time outdoors but in winter below 30* she'll come begging, eat an entire can of wet Purina, and hit the snooze button snoozed_6766.jpg. NOT MY CAT! I could use a fridge to store the leftovers for her.

So how much is the food worth,and where does it go when it reaches its use by time?

Because they aren't paying for them, no individual responsibility.

What would your annual cost if you could just take a couple bucks from everyone in Americas pockets to pay for it, just keep moving that decimal point.

The FAA is not involved, it is a military aircraft.

Which begs the question why they need a fridge? I mean MREs don't require it.

Last edited:
That's cold.

Perhaps they need Soylent Green on board.

Because they aren't paying for them, no individual responsibility.

What would your annual cost if you could just take a couple bucks from everyone in Americas pockets to pay for it, just keep moving that decimal point.

I don't disagree, but we need to finish the sentence, inconvenient as it may be to civilians. Let's remember it's called a military-industrial-complex for a reason. Civilians need to look in the mirror about this topic and stop being hypocrites of the highest order. I would argue that the biggest beneficiaries of the defense budget are actually the civilian remoras, via defense contracting and support of local economies. This is decade old data, but illustrates my point nonetheless:
upload_2018-1-27_18-47-20.png

Last edited:
I will sell them my fridge for just $1 million. It works great.
Has a good crisper.
Both makes ice, and has an installed automatic known ice protection system. (I call it self-defrost to keep it simple)
I'll even install it for free.

Non-TSO'd Experimental fridges are only $10 million. ;)

Back