And we lose another one...

If the picture in the story is related, I think we can assume he didn't run out of gas.

lancefisher said:
If the picture in the story is related, I think we can assume he didn't run out of gas.

He's not the first frieght dog to go down from that outfit.

From the article:

"The aircraft was operated by Airpac Airlines, a freight service based in Seattle."
------------------

Used to fly in the right seat while in school years ago with Ameriflight out of OAK North Field Hanger 5, from Oakland to Burbank for an overnighter and then back again in the morning. The initial leg down south was always at night at the very end of the week and the return leg was always in the morning.

Departing Oakland on 27L or 27R was the norm and was typically in classic OAK good weather. However, the landing at Burbank typically provided some thrilling moments given the low visibility. Of course, early in the morning, the marine layer fog in the Bay Area would also make the instrument approach back to 27L/R very interesting as well.

I liked the PA-31, for what it was. The company flew the aircraft like they were the last planes on earth, very hard and very rough and some were always in maintenance for "repairs" and routine work. But, we never once had a mechanical problem that caused a forced landing of any kind when I was there. Of course, there were always problems with aircraft, I just never experienced it personally with the PA-31. Many flyable squawks, but never a problem in the air - thank God.

Back