And so it is

bob_albertson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bob
Had a great day today... Passed my PC for the 700/900. My sim partner needed a little help with the rudder on his V1 cut, but what the examiner can't see won't hurt :).

The guys I normally call and share the excitement with have all passed on, and I wanted to share it with someone else who enjoys aviation :yes:

It's going to be fun flying something that weights almost 100,000lbs. We all start at the bottom, but it sure has been a fun and enjoyable ride for me. The Checkairmen was even nice enough to oblige my request for an extra set of wings so I can put them with Dad's Hearn :(:yes:

Anyone going to Monterrey Mexico on the 9th from Atlanta :D

Congrats, Bob. Good to see a fellow Arky make it good :).

Thanks guys!!! It's been a fun road. The hardest part was starting off in the 200, because it was the same plane I had been flying, and so I had to relearn how to fly the same plane a new way.... Switching companies means new call-outs and profiles :yikes:

The 200 was an experiment ALMOST gone right :D. It had a few quirks about it that left pilots going WTF and :mad2:... Whoever thought steel brakes on a plane with a ref of 140kts was a cool idea needs to get away from the cubical more :D. The 700 and 900 fixed those problems and really made a much more user friendly plane to fly... Fully FADEC, no bleed air valves to manual control, automatic engine start abort.... And leading edge slats that fixed the insane ref speeds of the 200.... I can remember passing a 767 and 737-800 on final at Detroit (I shiver with the thought of that place :hairraise:)

The 900 even has VNAV, which makes our flying into Mexico and South America much more safe (their nav aids are not reliable, and neither are the controllers). The 200 and 700 only have LNAV capabilities, but we don't fly the 700 as far into Mexico as we do with the 900.

Here is a picture of my new ride :D

Good help is hard to find.

Great job dude! I'd trade places with you in w second!

Thanks guys!!! It's been a fun road. The hardest part was starting off in the 200, because it was the same plane I had been flying, and so I had to relearn how to fly the same plane a new way.... Switching companies means new call-outs and profiles :yikes:

The 200 was an experiment ALMOST gone right :D. It had a few quirks about it that left pilots going WTF and :mad2:... Whoever thought steel brakes on a plane with a ref of 140kts was a cool idea needs to get away from the cubical more :D. The 700 and 900 fixed those problems and really made a much more user friendly plane to fly... Fully FADEC, no bleed air valves to manual control, automatic engine start abort.... And leading edge slats that fixed the insane ref speeds of the 200.... I can remember passing a 767 and 737-800 on final at Detroit (I shiver with the thought of that place :hairraise:)

The 900 even has VNAV, which makes our flying into Mexico and South America much more safe (their nav aids are not reliable, and neither are the controllers). The 200 and 700 only have LNAV capabilities, but we don't fly the 700 as far into Mexico as we do with the 900.

Here is a picture of my new ride :D

Congratulations! :goofy:

Why do the call outs and profiles very from airline to airline on the same plane?

Good work, Bob. Fly safe!

Back