An observation, and a question.

12,000+ for me.

2000 Seaplane, mostly 135 Alaska and BC coast
6000 King Air, all 135
1000 Jet
3000 SE Airplane and helicopter

Just under 23,000 for me, to bump the average. 18,000 or so is scheduled airline, the rest various flavors of GA.

'Leven hundred-ish.

Or, to put it in perspective, barely double the time of the 18 year-old punk from Comal County, Texas. Grrr!

Closing in on 1,400 TT (since 6/1997) for me. 250 (since 7/2005) for the husband. :D

2750 hrs last time I looked.

No P-51 time, but I do have .5 in the right seat of a B17!

Includes about 900 hours of ultra lights.

Interesting that it seems we have a bulge under 1,000 and another bulge over 10,000. :dunno:

4,500 single engine piston - yes I had a slow track career
2,500 multiengine piston
1,000 turboprop
5,000 jet

So about 13,000 to help boost the average.

Around 150, most in the last 12 months (PPL, complex, high-powered and Instrument rating all since Sept 2011)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

'Bout 13k and trying to figure which 10k were spent not learning anything. But the computer guys know everything about flying so who am I to question them?

No offense meant, Wayne. You probably learned most times you went up. Have also met a few that hadn't learned much. It's more about the person than the number.

5234 military fixed wing
6166 military rotor
4335 GA fixed wing

so now you have to tell us how old you are haha

My primary and instrument instructor had 9000 dual given hrs and about 12k total, I am glad to have a mentor with so much experience

Interesting that it seems we have a bulge under 1,000 and another bulge over 10,000. :dunno:

4,500 single engine piston - yes I had a slow track career
2,500 multiengine piston
1,000 turboprop
5,000 jet

So about 13,000 to help boost the average.

Spilt it by who's paying for the gas, and it probably falls along that same number line.

You don't run into a lot of high-timers who paid for it out of their own wallet.

Be that, flying for someone else, or paying it from a business they own or are a principal in.

so now you have to tell us how old you are haha

My primary and instrument instructor had 9000 dual given hrs and about 12k total, I am glad to have a mentor with so much experience

You do the math..I was in the USCGA class of 1976.

Here is a picture of me in flight training.

picture.php
:D

Spilt it by who's paying for the gas, and it probably falls along that same number line.

You don't run into a lot of high-timers who paid for it out of their own wallet.

Be that, flying for someone else, or paying it from a business they own or are a principal in.
Split by who was paying for it I would be guessing that I paid for about 500 hours and was paid for the rest, so you're right as far as my times are concerned.

Ooh, speaking of paying, I forgot to include my big 125 helicopter which was probably the most expensive part of my time.

You do the math..I was in the USCGA class of 1976.

Here is a picture of me in flight training.

picture.php
:D

hahaha

my dad got his pilot's license in 1978.. they came a long way in two years

my last 25 hours have been in a 1941 clipped wing cub.. I don't think things have changed all that much, just the clothes.. and maybe I use an ipad for charts..

Last edited:
I bought about ~9k, flew the company plane for 2.5k incidental to consulting work, hired out for the rest.

Split by who was paying for it I would be guessing that I paid for about 500 hours and was paid for the rest, so you're right as far as my times are concerned.

Ooh, speaking of paying, I forgot to include my big 125 helicopter which was probably the most expensive part of my time.

Exactly.

About 325 for me, all paid for by me.

A little more than 600...500 of it in the 'kota (both Da- and Franken-). David will prolly pass me in PIC time next week...

Had no viable choice. Business was good and I had to make the rounds. Airline travel to mid-market destinations became impossible after the first oil embargo.

Rare. Cool, but rare.

~1600 GA, 38yrs, ~ 2500 Military, 20yrs (Ret)
Yes, the years and hours overlapped, I'm not that old.

73.6 since Feb 2011. About 21 this year so far.

Back