Ammo shortages

I did not know of this? Interesting. Briefly, how does this work?
*Burglar breaks into your house in NJ*

You: hold on a sec, I'll be right back. *drives to PA border*

Burglar: So . . . I guess I'll just wait here then.

You: OK, I'm back. You can continue now.

I did not know of this? Interesting. Briefly, how does this work?

This is the one I'm most familiar with. https://www.gunsitters.com Locations in PA, MD, and NJ. I know a lot of shooters in NJ who keep guns and/or magazines no longer legal in NJ at the PA location, as there are a number of gun clubs near that site where they can shoot them. Usually because they are either hoping some day the laws will change back and allow the guns to be brought back home, or because the irreversible alterations required to make some collectibles NJ-legal would destroy their value.

The NJ site is popular because threatening to file a domestic violence complaint in order to obtain concessions in property division is rapidly becoming SOP in ugly divorce cases. There are no repercussions for filing a false complaint here, and the guns get confiscated. Lawyers increasingly recommend getting firearms to legal offsite storage if a divorce case starts to get ugly.

This is the one I'm most familiar with. https://www.gunsitters.com Locations in PA, MD, and NJ. I know a lot of shooters in NJ who keep guns and/or magazines no longer legal in NJ at the PA location, as there are a number of gun clubs near that site where they can shoot them. Usually because they are either hoping some day the laws will change back and allow the guns to be brought back home, or because the irreversible alterations required to make some collectibles NJ-legal would destroy their value.

The NJ site is popular because threatening to file a domestic violence complaint in order to obtain concessions in property division is rapidly becoming SOP in ugly divorce cases. There are no repercussions for filing a false complaint here, and the guns get confiscated. Lawyers increasingly recommend getting firearms to legal offsite storage if a divorce case starts to get ugly.
Thanks. Makes perfect sense, really.

Living in IL, I am dreading the "assault gun" registration that everyone has to do before the end of the year. Once on a list in a database, its easy to be on lots of lists and databases.
You just know these crooked bastards will come after you once they've compiled a list. Grandfathered in my ass.
I hope the registration numbers are laughable come Jan 1. It's sad they've scared some people into registering this early.

Spinning this back to something less depressing, I think the 155mm is overkill for most homeowners. Just the maintenance, the size, the crew required, etc. I don't even want to know how much new tubes cost. So I'm going to suggest that the 60mm mortar would be a much better choice for indirect fire support. Less expensive, easier to store, and from what I've heard for short duration a small crew can be just as effective as 105's, if you're within range. Not that I'd suggesting either isn't sometimes appropriate. For those that would suggest it's under powered, I'd say that I've never heard anyone that's been on the receiving side of mortar fire that thought it wasn't a serious problem - they're close, they're angry, and you have their attention.

It would put a completely different spin on "get the hell off my lawn". A company of them would have made the battle of Saratoga a bit shorter.

ok so I made it to my local academy sports store.....a lot of empty space on the shelves but also saw some 9mm and some other stuff. but yeah, overall I'd say quite a bit out of stock.

I was eyeballing the hellcat.....

Spinning this back to something less depressing, I think the 155mm is overkill for most homeowners. Just the maintenance, the size, the crew required, etc. I don't even want to know how much new tubes cost. So I'm going to suggest that the 60mm mortar would be a much better choice for indirect fire support. Less expensive, easier to store, and from what I've heard for short duration a small crew can be just as effective as 105's, if you're within range. Not that I'd suggesting either isn't sometimes appropriate. For those that would suggest it's under powered, I'd say that I've never heard anyone that's been on the receiving side of mortar fire that thought it wasn't a serious problem - they're close, they're angry, and you have their attention.

It would put a completely different spin on "get the hell off my lawn". A company of them would have made the battle of Saratoga a bit shorter.
If being overrun by the heathen hordes, you can hand fire the mortar. Just tilt it slightly in the direction of the enemy and for sure don't point it straight up.

Similar sense of urgency as artillery direct fire, which puts the 155 in tank/rifle mode. Or at least it did on the 105s.

It's sort of the classic 9mm vs. .45 ACP debate. I mean, why use a 60 mm mortar if you can get an 81 mm. Come on, we're talking home defense, it's not like you have to carry the thing very far.

But I agree, parking a 155 mm M109 in your driveway would likely violate HOA regulations, so you would probably have to park it next to the RV in the back yard that you purchased from Ted.

It's sort of the classic 9mm vs. .45 ACP debate. I mean, why use a 60 mm mortar if you can get an 81 mm. Come on, we're talking home defense, it's not like you have to carry the thing very far.

But I agree, parking a 155 mm M109 in your driveway would likely violate HOA regulations, so you would probably have to park it next to the RV in the back yard that you purchased from Ted.
Don’t forget Claymores. They will blend right in with a shrubbery and the HOA will not be the wiser.

A 155? You could park that thing across town and still cover your driveway. Why would you put it on your front lawn? :biggrin::happydance::biggrin:

I'm down to a few thousand rounds, divided amongst a dozen calibres, so I'd better stock up.

A 155? You could park that thing across town and still cover your driveway. Why would you put it on your front lawn? :biggrin::happydance::biggrin:
That would be one hell of an adjust fire mission.

"Honey, two meters north, three west." Whoosh.

"How was that? Dear? You there?"

People laugh, but I’ve got an X-Fore ball launcher for long drive contests.

bba2a12315b2e98a9440212d5f0a3e5f.jpg

...divided amongst a dozen calibres, ....
I worry about this way too much. All I use is 5.56 rifle, 9mm pistol, and 20g shotgun. I do find it limits my toys, and I'm thinking about a 7.62 but so far I've not run out of things to blow money on.

Reminds me of the debate on fuel management. Do you keep some in every tank or consolidate in one.

I worry about this way too much. All I use is 5.56 rifle, 9mm pistol, and 20g shotgun. I do find it limits my toys, and I'm thinking about a 7.62 but so far I've not run out of things to blow money on.

There's also x51 and x51R.

Boat sales might go up to enable all the upcoming “lost in a boating accident” mishaps.

I was reading through all of these posts and became sad thinking about that tragic day when all of my 2nd amendment tools were lost in an instant somewhere out on the river during that boating accident. The long-term effects have been damaging, as I can never replace them without documentation, which sadly was with them too.

People laugh, but I’ve got an X-Fore ball launcher for long drive contests.

bba2a12315b2e98a9440212d5f0a3e5f.jpg
We shoot an AR with the ball launcher every year at a charity golf tournament. Funny as heck to hear gunfire going off all morning long when each guy from a 4-man scramble team gets a turn.

x39 or x54?

Mosin Nagants are a blast, btw. (Pun intended.)
Leaning toward x51 or x54. We have a great range nearby and I’m working through their inventory.
Never shot a Mosin Nagants, I think they have one I can try. They sound like fun.

I stopped by my local Academy Sports and it all looked fairly normal. YT is full of talking heads calling for a shortage due to various issues. Anybody?
My local Rural King is loaded to the gills. Prices are even back to normal. Box of 9mm $15.69

Lol
I just sold my 60mm mortar this year, never got to shoot it because I’m weak and it was such a PITA to transport by oneself

A 40mm however is a much different story

F29BD060-4C7E-4C82-9FDA-6D92CF2AE3A2.jpeg

Lol
I just sold my 60mm mortar this year, never got to shoot it because I’m weak and it was such a PITA to transport by oneself

A 40mm however is a much different story

View attachment 122188
I was joking about all the indirect fire stuff, but specifically didn't mention the 81mm, because the plant that makes them in the US is about 2 miles away from where I'm at right now. It's both weird and cool that there's an arsenal in Upstate NY. Have more than a couple of friends that have worked there, but sadly they don't give out production samples as Christmas gifts.

I was joking about all the indirect fire stuff, but specifically didn't mention the 81mm, because the plant that makes them in the US is about 2 miles away from where I'm at right now. It's both weird and cool that there's an arsenal in Upstate NY. Have more than a couple of friends that have worked there, but sadly they don't give out production samples as Christmas gifts.
Oh no I took you completely seriously /s lol

Oh no I took you completely seriously /s lol

:) the posters here I'm not worried about. But somewhere, somebody was bound to think that we're preparing for an attack from the British again. And sadly, probably some people are!

I binged that channel last night. He's hilarious.
The first few I watched I thought "what the heck am I watching?", then you have to keep watching one after the other, lol. His accents are pretty funny for the different countries. The F-22 personality is priceless though. "Would you intercept me? I'd intercept me."

The first few I watched I thought "what the heck am I watching?", then you have to keep watching one after the other, lol. His accents are pretty funny for the different countries. The F-22 personality is priceless though. "Would you intercept me? I'd intercept me."

So's Grandpa Buff. Some of those bits are awesome. "I changed their Topography."

Back